So who is getting a nokia 925

IamDefiler

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
*cough*SpecWars*cough* :winktongue:

I agree but think of it this way...If there aren't enough people that adopt this phone, T-Mo will do to it what it did to the 820...Drop support shortly after the launch. They really needed to price this phone aggressively to get people buying it.

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
That's what I did. Can't live with 16gb of memory. The 925 seems to be more of a downgrade than an upgrade from the 920.
How many times must it be repeated? The 925 is NOT an upgrade from the 920! What is so difficult to understand about that?

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I agree but think of it this way...If there aren't enough people that adopt this phone, T-Mo will do to it what it did to the 820...Drop support shortly after the launch. They really needed to price this phone aggressively to get people buying it.
$99 with $20/mo payments doesn't sound too bad to me, and most people do not buy their phones outright.

I'm thinking about hanging around my local T-Mobile store with my 925 when I get it and demo it for people who come in. If the salespeople won't push the best phone they've got, then I will. :p

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
*cough*SpecWars*cough* :winktongue:
Lol even the 920 and 928 have 32gb of storage. Its not a spec war. Its common sense. Make all the flagship Lumia devices with equal storage. That is the ONLY fault besides the price being the same as other phones I have with the 925.

heelo

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The GS4 and the iPhone 5 both come standard with 16gb and retail for $199 on contract. The HTC One comes with 32gb standard, but also retails at $199.

The notion that the 925 has an unacceptable amount of storage at 16gb while retailing for $100 less than standard is kinda ridiculous. The phone us cheaper than the competitors, while matching the two best-selling devices in the world.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
The GS4 and the iPhone 5 both come standard with 16gb and retail for $199 on contract. The HTC One comes with 32gb standard, but also retails at $199.

The notion that the 925 has an unacceptable amount of storage at 16gb while retailing for $100 less than standard is kinda ridiculous. The phone us cheaper than the competitors, while matching the two best-selling devices in the world.
On T-Mobile the phone is the same exact $569 with their new plans. The Galaxy S4 has expandable memory and the HTC One comes with 32gb straight out the box. You do the math.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Expandable storage means you have to spend more money to get more storage. The HTC One had to sell or the company would go under, so they priced it super competitively.

Now you do the math. :p

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Expandable storage means you have to spend more money to get more storage. The HTC One had to sell or the company would go under, so they priced it super competitively.

Now you do the math. :p
Lol ok you got me there but the point is they all cost the same price on the same carrier. One of the devices is stuck with 16gb while the others are not. Lets not make it complicated guys.:)

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I agree with you, but to me (and many others) only having 16GB isn't a super negative thing.

We all know that you're not going to buy the phone and why. Let's drop this issue (there is a thread specifically for this subject, btw) and get back to other people's reasons for why or why they won't buy it.

IamDefiler

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The fact that htc dropped support for the one s has pushed me back to getting the 925. I won't buy Samsung as I think their hardware is lacking and I honestly wouldn't consider any other Android device besides the One but who knows how long support would last on that device..

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'll only get the 925 if it has a 32Gb version this 16Gb without expandable memory is a joke. Some people can work with it but really......really..........REALLY come on now. Don't make the 920 and 928 have 32 Gb then shaft T-mobile with a 16 Gb version. If we only get a 16 Gb one then I'm def buying an I phone like there isn't a doubt in my mind. I love windows phone to the core but this has been a ridiculous amount of shafting to T-Mobile windows phone, first the 710 and no other one then the terribly glitchy, crappy and unsupported by its own maker HTC 8X and the hideous and short lived Lumia 810, and now this childs-play Lumia 510 (which I understand is for those who want a smart phone but not the high end). If this 925 is 16 Gb it'll be iPhone foe cuz I can't stand android, I'll be back to windows one day but for now this shafting has left me too sore to sit down!!!

heelo

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Carphone Warehouse in the UK ran a special where they bundled a wireless charger + shell w/ the 925. AT&T similarly bundled a charger with the 920 when it debuted.

I wonder if (hope) something similar happens w/ T-Mobile and the 925? Would certainly sweeten the deal.

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I was expecting a lot more from NOKIA, but I can understand Microsoft puts a limit on the manufacturer.. it's not a good thing for your flagship device has the same processing power from the year before, same amount of RAM, display resolution, and the only real differentiator is the camera. I get the phone is thinner, but the aluminum looks unattractive with the lines and cuts, and would've looked a lot better if it was a single piece of aluminum. Still though, I can't get over the fact that it's just the 920 in a slimmer profile.. that's terrible, considering a year has gone by and everything remains the same. Also- why did they name their flagship phone the 925 and a slightly modified 920 for Verizon the 928? I guess they are technically the same phone, just different casing.. sigh... I thought Windows Phone would surpass Android, but it's going to be another year until we see an improved Lumia...

Your post is a little bit silly. And that's being polite.

Unless I'm suffering from mental illness, the lumia 920 was released in November. The 925 started release in May. That's 7 months - hardly a year. Secondly why on earth would you NEED more processing power? Windows phone 8 is buttery smooth. In fact second only to iOS in its lack of stutter or lag.

The speed of the processor is totally irrelevant if it isn't in conjunction with optimized software. If it isn't then it's like driving a ferrari in a traffic jam - you're not getting home any faster. Samsung's galaxy series should be testament enough to the importance of this.

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I will keep my Lumia 920 and look into the EOS or wait until fall and see what WP8 releases. I am perfectly content with my 920.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Picked a 925 up today from Phones4U (UK). Delighted with my purchase, wonderful device. I couldn't get a wireless charging case or plate with it, but did get ?60 cash in my hand for choosing the phone and tariff I did (Vodafone UK - Unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB of internet - ?37).

Really great experience in getting the phone as well, the staff were very knowledgeable (or at least as knowledgeable as I was) and were actively promoting Windows Phone to other customers which is always wonderful to see.

I'm sure I'll post more impressions over the next few days in other threads, but so far this is the best phone I've ever had by some margin (upgraded from an 800 to a 620 to this). The feel of the device is really perfect for me, slim and light and very fast. I am of course aware of the 1020 announcement on Thursday but I already knew I couldn't afford the extra ?10 per month it is likely to cost. I've been dead set on the 925 since it was announced and it has not disappointed me yet.

bryantest

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
If 16GB is really holding you back then you should just go ahead and get the iPhone now, cause you're not really serious about getting this phone. ;)

Ok..OK...let's look at things through a bigger picture perspective OK?

Lumia 920 - For At&t - 32 GB
Lumia 928 - For Verizon - 32 GB
Lumia 925 - For T-Mobile - 16 GB

You know what the message Nokia's sending to T-Mobile users?

It's this:

When it comes to WP8 phones, T-Mobile customers (existing and potential) are considered SECOND CLASS CITIZENS!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2