I would like bold 925 marketing, ads

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see some better marketing from MS and Nokia.

If Nokia wants to succeed in the US market the ads need to refer to perceived Americanism.

Like an advertisement where two cowboys duel, but pull smartphones, one a Lumia 925, he always shoots faster better pictures!

Or you put the Lumia back in time... Like a black and white scene where journalist photograph a personality, ie. Humphrey Bogart, one photographer is in color and shoots pictures and film with his Lumia. Which blend in and show how advanced the Lumia 925 is, by todays standards.

Or a P51 lands and they remove the Lumia 925 gun camera... Also works with the Germans, remove it from a Jet Reconnaissance plane... Ar 234.

Emotions sell stuff, self perception. This is also the formula used by ie. High end watch manufacturers. But with a smartphone, there are just so many more good advertisings that are 'wow' that you can do, thus creating appeal and an image for your devices.

The same sort of local adaptation would serve very well. Appealing local self identities and dreams and events that people are proud off.

One that would work globally, would be a Apollo 12 Astronaut (Apollo 12 had camera problems) who pulls out his Lumia 925 in fury over the camera failure, in some sort of transparent Lumia space container that makes the phone visible. Then you show some great Lumia 925 camera tricks...

You get the idea?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Nokia could do it like the Man Of Steel and show the devices off in most scenes, it was great seeing all those L92X it felt like a great change from the Android devices and Lumia devices always looks sexy.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The sad thing is that we will probably never see anything but online ads for the 925. It's already being overshadowed by the 1020.

Well I seen the 925 on about 20 to 30 adverts since it been release so there more then likely pushing the 925 before the L1020 is released.

All the advert were showing off the camera low light capabilities.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I haven't seen anything in the US personally. I know there was an ad in Wired magazine, but I haven't seen anything else. Probably because T-Mobile is treating it like a red-headed step-child.

....no offense meant toward red-heads or step children >_>

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen anything in the US personally. I know there was an ad in Wired magazine, but I haven't seen anything else. Probably because T-Mobile is treating it like a red-headed step-child.

....no offense meant toward red-heads or step children >_>

Thing is, red-headed step-children are actually loved. Since the 1020 announcement, I've seen zilch from Microsoft, TMobileUS, and Nokia about the 925. Zilch. Why should any prospective customer care about this phone if they don't? :(

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Thing is, red-headed step-children are actually loved. Since the 1020 announcement, I've seen zilch from Microsoft, TMobileUS, and Nokia about the 925. Zilch. Why should any prospective customer care about this phone if they don't? :(

i agree. I'm beginning to wonder if they will actually have anything to sell me this Wed

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it a secret - covert introduction myself! They just don't want to tell to many people about it! 925 - the one that nobody knows about Windows Smartphone!

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If T-Mobile would even acknowledge its existence, that would be helpful. It's not a stepchild, it's a kid whose father won't admit it or pay child support. Better call Maury Povich.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon