The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Can anybody tell me how to flash t-moblile firmware on att 925 as I am on t-mobile and in bad need of wifi calling. Thanks
    10-26-2013 12:12 PM
    Can anybody tell me how to flash t-moblile firmware on att 925 as I am on t-mobile and in bad need of wifi calling. Thanks
    you should be able to do it with a combination of either:
    - Navifirm+ (third party app you need to pay for, pretty cheap) and Nokia Software Updater for Retail
    - the right version of Nokia Product Support Tool (part of a larger package but name escapes me) and a customized access file. I was able to figure it out from these forums (look in the 920 section, its the same process), XDA forums (WP8 Dev and Hacking likely the best one) and gsm-hosting.com (http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f299...ifirm-1664264/)
    10-26-2013 01:20 PM
    If you are on T-Mobile then why didn't you just pick up the Lumia 925 on T-Mobile? :p
    10-26-2013 01:40 PM
    What ^^ said
    10-26-2013 01:49 PM
    What ^^ said
    well, the black housing is nicer ;)
    arabiedds likes this.
    10-26-2013 03:53 PM
    cause I like the black one
    MDak280 likes this.
    10-26-2013 06:59 PM
    you should be able to do it with a combination of either:
    - Navifirm+ (third party app you need to pay for, pretty cheap) and Nokia Software Updater for Retail
    - the right version of Nokia Product Support Tool (part of a larger package but name escapes me) and a customized access file. I was able to figure it out from these forums (look in the 920 section, its the same process), XDA forums (WP8 Dev and Hacking likely the best one) and gsm-hosting.com (:Download Official Nokia firmware without Navifirm - GSM-Forum)
    Thank you for the info but I have downloaded the firmware via navifirm+ and downloaded nokia care suite (latest) and did the configuration file but no luck it gets stuck in the middle and says some signature isn't valid
    10-26-2013 07:01 PM
    They have started to lock things down more in the firmware.

If you have the firmware now through Navifirm Plus, make sure you go into offline mode with Nokia Care Suite.

Follow this overall guide, you need to start with a factory reset, but don't plug your phone into the USB until after it prompts you, then you have to do a soft reset quickly. Essentially follow the steps in this link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2401226
    arabiedds likes this.
    10-26-2013 09:01 PM
    They have started to lock things down more in the firmware.

Thank you so much
    I have the firmware now through Navifirm Plus, make sure you go into offline mode with Nokia Care Suite.

Follow this overall guide, you need to start with a factory reset, but don't plug your phone into the USB until after it prompts you, then you have to do a soft reset quickly. Essentially follow the steps in this link

Lumia 920 Amber Update via Rogers Dev ROM - xda-developers
    I have downloaded through navifirm+ and working offline I also downloaded the firmware directly from Nokia care suite
    followed the instructions I get

FFU file doesn't match device ID

changed all files to ATT product code and even changed the vpl file to match att vpl and still FFU doesn;t match. I have also heard that if you remove the checksum it should work but I don't know how to do that.(as all the files don't have a pre-name as the ones in the instructions)

URRGGGG
    :)
    Last edited by arabiedds; 10-27-2013 at 12:20 AM.
    10-26-2013 11:59 PM
    I have downloaded through navifirm+ and working offline I also downloaded the firmware directly from Nokia care suite

changed all files to ATT product code and even changed the vpl file to match att vpl and still FFU doesn;t match. I have also heard that if you remove the checksum it should work but I don't know how to do that.(as all the files don't have a pre-name as the ones in the instructions)

URRGGGG
    Sorry to hear that, they may have just locked it down more now, but the hardware should be the same so who knows. I don't know about the checksums, but might be worth posting at XDA
    10-27-2013 07:18 AM

URRGGGG
    I've tried, even I've created a thread that basically concludes that we do not have a way to flash the ATT L925 (nor ATT L1020 for that matter).

If you try to change/swap the product codes in the file names, then the NCS will show message that the signature check failed. So, every firmware is signature locked, the only difference is that every other L925 (for example international versions, T-Mobile USA, ..., but not the ATT L925) doesn't have restrictions for flashing different product code firmwares. The signature check is still there (it will still tell you that you are about to flash different product firmware), but it will let you flash firmware.
    Last edited by kabel_mk; 10-27-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    arabiedds likes this.
    10-27-2013 10:37 AM
    AT&T likely locking it down to keep people from using data sense and tied to their software
    arabiedds likes this.
    10-27-2013 11:07 AM
    All I want is the wifi calling

If anybody can post the wifi calling xap that would be great.

Googled up and down no luck

Thanks for all the replies and help
    10-27-2013 02:34 PM

Have you tried the proxy trick? You may be able to get the "Wifi Calling" from T-Mobile USA with the trick. It may not work due to firmware, but you should be able to download it
    10-27-2013 04:16 PM
    Have you tried the proxy trick? You may be able to get the "Wifi Calling" from T-Mobile USA with the trick. It may not work due to firmware, but you should be able to download it
    How to use the proxy trick?

Thanks
    10-27-2013 04:30 PM

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...0-5cecc5498ad4
    arabiedds likes this.
    10-27-2013 11:47 PM
    thank you so much but it says unavailable for your device???
    10-28-2013 04:22 AM
    thank you so much but it says unavailable for your device???
    that's what the proxy trick is for. Just google it or search xda, there is a pretty good walk through over there (and in these forums)
    10-28-2013 06:02 AM
    that's what the proxy trick is for. Just google it or search xda, there is a pretty good walk through over there (and in these forums)
    It didn't work :(

I guess I will have to get a t-mobile 925 @$%# AT&T :)
    MDak280 likes this.
    10-28-2013 11:24 AM
    I have even tried to deploy wifi.xap downloaded from the link provided(my phone is developer unlocked) I get a message stating xap invalid :/
    10-28-2013 01:59 PM
    I have even tried to deploy wifi.xap downloaded from the link provided(my phone is developer unlocked) I get a message stating xap invalid :/
    It wont work since .xaps downloaded from the marketplace are encrypted and involve validation with the marketplace before installing
    arabiedds likes this.
    10-28-2013 07:30 PM