Lumia 925 scratches and protection

Mr Diz

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone -

I've got the opportunity to get a new Lumia 925 on the cheap, and I'm seriously considering it!

I have a few questions - if anyone could help, I'd be very grateful. Sorry if all these questions have been done to death already, but I'm really interested in knowing the general consensus of Lumia 925 users. I keep my phones for a few years, so keeping them looking good is important to me.

1. Most importantly, I'm worried about scratching or damaging the camera lens (it'll have to go in and out of my jacket pocket, jeans, bag, etc all day long), especially since it protrudes from the phone body. Having the phone available as a quick point-and-shoot camera is important to me, and it'll make the phone fairly useless for my needs if the lens is damaged. What's the best way to protect it, or am I worrying about nothing?
  2. Also about protection, do people find a screen protector necessary? If so, what's the best one to buy?
  3. If I get the phone I'd order one of Nokia's wireless charging covers. Would a case be necessary then, or would the wireless charging cover and a screen protector do the job?
  4. Any reliability problems I should be aware of?

Thanks very much and sorry to dump all these questions here!

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
1. Had a case. It was a cheap tpu case which worked for me. I don't use it now since I have on the shell for wireless charging all the time.
2. I have a screen protector. It's really up to the user since a number says don't and a number says do. I prefer to be on the safe side. I do use a clear one so clarity isn't compromised. The brand I have is called Capdase Klia. I wish spigen made one but they don't unfortunately
3. That's my set up now. Charging shell with screen protector. I do have an extra pouch though
4. Nothing major for me

sent from within the depths of my brain

Pvsg Prasad

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Here are my views...

1,2. Coming to the screen protector ever heard of Gadgetshieldz .......I am currently using Gadgetshiedlz Maximum Protection with Matt Body and It looks absolutely beautiful on it....
Its just 0.2mm thick and beleive me u will never know that u r using a screen protector not unless u keep on searching for the cover to be noticeable.. ( kidding..)
3.I think wireless charging cover case alone brings the beauty of the phone in to peeks and there is no case that is much sexier than WCC ...I am currently using a yellow one ....So if u want to
use wireless charging cover as a case u should consider buying a pouch...It is best way to protect both of them..Regarding protection the case should do the work for frequent drops..If it
doesn't go for hard cases....
4. Hmm...thats it dude I dont think i have missed any point..Am I?

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Here are my views...

1,2. Coming to the screen protector ever heard of Gadgetshieldz .......I am currently using Gadgetshiedlz Maximum Protection with Matt Body and It looks absolutely beautiful on it....

gadgetshieldz already make matte skins? the last time i had one like that was from bestskinsever and it was a special order for my 920. i stillhave my 925 back covered with gadgetshieldz but it's clear

edit: just checked their site. thanks for the info. gonna get me another set.

Pvsg Prasad

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
gadgetshieldz already make matte skins? the last time i had one like that was from bestskinsever and it was a special order for my 920. i stillhave my 925 back covered with gadgetshieldz but it's clear

edit: just checked their site. thanks for the info. gonna get me another set.

Yes they started making body protection with matte finish and i ordered one on 29th and gadgetshielz deliverd to me on 31st of october..i.e Today ..
Man that was like superfast delivery.......

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes they started making body protection with matte finish and i ordered one on 29th and gadgetshielz deliverd to me on 31st of october..i.e Today ..
Man that was like superfast delivery.......

Yeah. Their delivery has significantly improved. I'm not from India which is their base so usually it takes 2 weeks for my stuff to arrive from them. Now it's 4-5 days

sent from within the depths of my brain

Mr Diz

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses! I think it'll have to be the wireless charging cover, screen protector (I'll look into the different brands people have mentioned) and a pouch. I'll keep it looking nice if it kills me!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes