Lumia 925 Bad Wifi Reception

WereRat

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I have exceptional reception in the 2.4 Ghz range (through two walls and 60 yards into my back yard, quite a bit further than my Kindle Fire will reach) and unimpressive range in the 5 Ghz range (drops outside of 15 feet).

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I get excellent reception using my old netgear router. Also works great at the local bar it's a dead zone for tmobs cell signal.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have never experienced any trouble with wifi on my 925 where the problem was caused by the 925 itself (only my router). I think it really depends on the router you are connected to (e.g. in bars with free wifi the reception isn't that good but I know they use crappy routers).

le_roi50

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I've also got questionable reception compared to my iPhone, iPad and HP laptop.
Usually two floors up I still get 40% signal with my iPhone or iPad.
With the 925 I'm lucky if I get any thing one floor up.
I can't say I'm very impressed with the 925 since I switched three weeks ago from an iPhone 4S.

Wildflash

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Yep, terrible! I have to bring the phone directly a few inches from the router to make it connect. Found the same with a Nokia 928. Hopefully the black update will make it function correctly.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Interesting reading all this connectivity issue. Made me curious about the 925 connection to my Netgear. I live in 2nd floor apt. I just walked outside and downstairs, then to the parking lot about 40ft away. Disconnected my Wi-fi, then re-connected. Phone re-connected without a hitch with strong reception. I have no clue why some phones have issues with connectivity. o_O

Last edited:

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Try changing the channel that your router is on.

I had the same problem on my Xperia Z1 and changed the the channel and bingo. We have 4 windows (nokia 1020 925x2 and a spare 520) all have great wifi even when I'm out in the car.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Try changing the channel that your router is on.

I had the same problem on my Xperia Z1 and changed the the channel and bingo. We have 4 windows (nokia 1020 925x2 and a spare 520) all have great wifi even when I'm out in the car.
I agree. I changed the channel to 10, and my 920 connects even when I'm in the parking lot across the street from my apartment building.

William Gentry1

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yep, terrible! I have to bring the phone directly a few inches from the router to make it connect. Found the same with a Nokia 928. Hopefully the black update will make it function correctly.
Same issue with my 925, it has to be right by the router to connect. I have a 1 watt Sapido router which my old HTC MyTouch Slide connected to in another building over 100 feet away. This phone doesn't even see it let alone connect at that distance and It only sees 4 networks total at home, where my laptops and routers see as many as 14. It's not good at all bordering on horrible.

Last edited:

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
The Wi-Fi connection isn't terrible at all. It could be better, my parents' Lumia 720's have a stronger connection for instance, but really the connection strength is okay. I have reception through the whole house and even in the garden I have reception. So it does the trick. I can connect through the whole house without any problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon