Ford Sync Bluetooth & Nokia Lumia 925

micdousmi

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 925 running 8.1 and it won't connect via Bluetooth to our Ford Sync. A previous Nokia Lumia 710 worked fine, but the 925 isn't even recognized. Any ideas?

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
What make and model is your car? That's odd because I have a 2010 Ford Escape Limited with SYNC and a T-Mobile Nokia Lumia 925 and they work great. I love the sound of bluetooth streaming as opposed to the aux cable. There are different versions of SYNC so figuring out what car you've got would be a start.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay, then yeah they should be similar. You can try clearing all current devices sync has in its memory and try to re-pair yours again.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Master reset clearing the Old 710's did it! Thanks all!
I thought it might. My 925 stopped reading text messages to me in CUE (Cadillac User Experience) after installing 8.1 until I re-paired it. Actually the phone stopped getting voice commands thru the car's microphone until re-paired so the phone couldn't hear me say read or ignore. Glad yours is working now.

One weird thing is that after pairing the phone again, I now get a call timer on the car's touch screen from when the text arrives until I ignore it or have it read to me. I'm pretty sure that never happened with WP8 but then again I wouldn't be looking at the screen while driving so can't swear to it. It just seemed weird to have a timer for a text in any circumstance.

asrtaylor

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2010 Ford F350 with Ford Sync that my Nokia 925 previously connected to via Bluetooth with no issues (other than sometimes it disconnected for no reason), at least until a couple of days ago. The Nokia 925 no longer will connect via BT to the Sync. I've deleted the device on Sync, deleted on the Nokia, tried to repair, nothing. The Nokia show Headset when Sync is in pairing mode (with the code showing), but Nokia 925 says it can't connect after a few minutes of trying.

Not sure what changed recently, anyone have any ideas?

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
My 925 syncs fine with SYNC. I know that while in the pairing process 'Headset' shows up first on my phone but if you wait a bit 'SYNC' shows up for pairing. No problems at all (2013 Focus ST1), latest SYNC software. Maybe waiting for 'SYNC' to show up could resolve? :eek:rly:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes