Unlocking Phones

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I requested unlock codes for my 925 and 810 yesterday and just got codes for both emailed back to me this afternoon. So, I have to unlock the phones with a SIM card that's something other than my normal T-Mobile one? I'm SO confused. What kind of SIM do I get, and where can I get it?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
If it's just for the purpose of unlocking then any sim that isn't T-Mobile would suffice, so long as it's the same physical size.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Just open the dialer and press ##7820# That will bring up the screen for the unlock code.

But can that be done with my usual SIM in the phone? The rep I spoke with yesterday said I would need a SIM in the phone, but she didn't say it would have to be my normal one with T-Mobile. The reason I'm so confused is because it said in the email I received today that I need a non-T-Mobile SIM to do this.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
But can that be done with my usual SIM in the phone? The rep I spoke with yesterday said I would need a SIM in the phone, but she didn't say it would have to be my normal one with T-Mobile. The reason I'm so confused is because it said in the email I received today that I need a non-T-Mobile SIM to do this.

Using that method works with any sim. Using a non T-Mobile sim will just bring up the same screen on boot.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
An old SIM by any other carrier should work too, even if it's not active. I unlocked my AT&T 920 by using a T-Mobile SIM card that had been deactivated for a long time.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
An old SIM by any other carrier should work too, even if it's not active. I unlocked my AT&T 920 by using a T-Mobile SIM card that had been deactivated for a long time.

Thanks. I had to get a new SIM because I've never used any carrier other than T-Mobile. No biggie since I literally paid only a penny for the H2O SIM I ordered earlier. :grin:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit