08-26-2014 11:30 AM
33 12
tools
    After updating to Lumia Cyan, go to Extra + info... You'll be delighted to read Lumia Cyan... Then just click "!" Next to it (to get what you got in Cyan as it feel no difference to all having preview 8.1)... The page will open to take you to information about OLD BLACK UPDATE... YOU'LL BE ORGASMED
    benny142 likes this.
    07-15-2014 10:28 PM
    I am getting a weird problem. I got the update. It downloaded 6% and then error occurred. I tried again but now its showing my phone up to date. I have checked extras+info. Its Lumia black there. What should I do now?
    07-15-2014 10:31 PM
    Seriously dude!! They just screwed all WP users big time!!:@
    07-15-2014 10:33 PM
    I am getting a weird problem. I got the update. It downloaded 6% and then error occurred. I tried again but now its showing my phone up to date. I have checked extras+info. Its Lumia black there. What should I do now?
    Try a soft reset.. Shouldn't be a problem..
    07-15-2014 10:38 PM
    Try a soft reset.. Shouldn't be a problem..
    I have done that. Still the same problem.
    07-15-2014 10:44 PM
    Like how? You phone died after installing the update?
    07-16-2014 04:02 AM
    Mine bring me to nokia web that say update to cyan.
    Yeah no difference, but with someone who still in black.
    They will feel different, nokia release amber then black with os 8.0 and after that they release cyan with os 8.1.
    This is the official 8.1 i think, and people no more need preview for developer app to enjoy 8.1.
    07-16-2014 04:12 AM
    Mm, they screwed all WP users... even though only the 625 and 925 have gotten the update.

Alright.
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    07-16-2014 04:14 AM
    After updating to Lumia Cyan, go to Extra + info... You'll be delighted to read Lumia Cyan... Then just click "!" Next to it (to get what you got in Cyan as it feel no difference to all having preview 8.1)... The page will open to take you to information about OLD BLACK UPDATE... YOU'LL BE ORGASMED
    does this really matter ? I mean you got cyan update which includes Bluetooth LE, creative studio 6 , firmware tweaks and under the hood optimizations.
    Rodrigo Mendes and ven07 like this.
    07-16-2014 08:21 AM
    does this really matter ? I mean you got cyan update which includes Bluetooth LE, creative studio 6 , firmware tweaks and under the hood optimizations.
    I think he's just kidding. Well... I laughed.
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    07-16-2014 08:37 AM
    Howe to update L625
    I tried bt it did not happen...help me
    07-16-2014 01:36 PM
    Like how? You phone died after installing the update?
    How about flashing your phone back to 8.0 and installing all the updates again :P But that should only be a last option, because it is time consuming and you'll lose all the saved data..
    07-16-2014 06:50 PM
    Howe to update L625
    I tried bt it did not happen...help me
    Give it another day or two and keep hitting that "check for update" button.. Also did you check if the update is already out in your region?
    07-16-2014 06:50 PM
    How did you get screwed?
    Rafael Yousuf likes this.
    07-16-2014 10:38 PM
    If you have DP firmware there is a problem in receiving "Minor 5MB update (Prior Update)" in that case Roll back to 8.0 using latest version "Nokia Software Recovery tool" & follow the steps....IF YOUR NOT DP user then there is No issues with receiving the update.....Steps for successful update
    Step 1 : Install 5 MB update (Prior to main which enables device to receive 8.1)
    Step 2 : check for the update after Successfully installed with prior update..
    Step 3 : You will get update notification so allow it to download & follow the steps...That's it....
    07-17-2014 01:10 AM
    The main reason to release update early is they need to enable 4G on Lumia 625/635/820/920/925 in most of the countries that makes Network Team extra work...where as Other devices has no such difference compare to DP version so we can expect updates soon with no delays.....
    07-17-2014 01:19 AM
    Jesus Christ.. They didn't screw anybody. They encountered an issue with users who were on the developer preview and had bitlocker encryption enabled, hence they froze the update until a fix is in place. It doesn't matter if you have to wait a couple more days to get your update, no? Eiter you've been using WP 8.1 DP without the according firmware for quite some time now, or you've been waiting for months now anyways. In both cases there's not the slightest reason to freak out.
    And to those complaining about no new features at all... Cyan is a FIRMWARE update, which brings some under the hood improvements (for the camera of some devices for example), but mainly delivers new updated drivers to get the best out of WP 8.1 on your devices.
    Dietrich Cleijne likes this.
    07-17-2014 12:42 PM
    @dkp1977 : you got the context all wrong... i was not referring to the bitlocker issue/ froze upate issue... I know cyan is a FIRMWARE update... but with this so called firmware update.... a couple of features was also said to be available... Kindly check the previous threads regarding cyan updates..

And the way some people are saying its just a FIRMWARE update... seems like its impossible for any features to be added in a firmware update... And just FYI... a majority of users are still experiencing the same unstability issues they faced in DP8.1.. In my case, the same battery drain i had in DP8.1 still remains... So the amount if stability in CYAN is ~~~~
    07-17-2014 12:53 PM
    @dkp1977 : you got the context all wrong... i was not referring to the bitlocker issue/ froze upate issue... I know cyan is a FIRMWARE update... but with this so called firmware update.... a couple of features was also said to be available... Kindly check the previous threads regarding cyan updates..

And the way some people are saying its just a FIRMWARE update... seems like its impossible for any features to be added in a firmware update... And just FYI... a majority of users are still experiencing the same unstability issues they faced in DP8.1.. In my case, the same battery drain i had in DP8.1 still remains... So the amount if stability in CYAN is ~~~~
    The only so called new features I remember are the enhancements to brightness controls (sliders) and color profiles which can be saved. And as far as I'm aware these things have been delivered. Possibly not to all devices, as they may require certain hardware, no idea.

I for one experienced no noticable stability issues at all. Neither on my 1520 nor on my 1020 (both running DP 8.1, latest build). Battery drain was indeed huge with the very first version, but that was fixed with the first update. And battery consumption is a difficult topic anyways, since the battery needs to settle after an update has been installed. That's a matter of a couple of power cycles. Many people make false claims regarding the usage patterns anyways. If you're running a navigation software for example, you shouldn't be surprised if your battery runs empty after 4 hours. The same applies if you're running hardware intense games.
    07-17-2014 01:09 PM
    And to those complaining about no new features at all... Cyan is a FIRMWARE update, which brings some under the hood improvements (for the camera of some devices for example), but mainly delivers new updated drivers to get the best out of WP 8.1 on your devices.
    You got many people confused here. When they update to Cyan they also get WP 8.1 as in they are released simultaneously. When users here say Cyan they mean the OS itself ( at least that is the impression I get). They don't have WP8.1 when they are waiting for Cyan.

In short all the users here that are carrying on about Cyan update are talking/ waiting on WP 8.1
    07-17-2014 06:55 PM
    I have a reason. I recently (less than a week ago) bought a Lumia 820 from Amazon. Despite the product description, good seller reviews, and positive product reviews, the phone I got is actually set to a Mexican base (the carrier is apparently called Movistar), even though I'm in the US (and buying from the US Amazon store). It's annoying, but if 8.1 works fine here, I can get over it. But if being in a different country from my original firmware is a problem, or if the phone isn't actually factory unlocked, or some other unforeseen problem emerges that prevents the phone from getting 8.1, I need to know as soon as possible so I can return it and get a replacement. That's a reason to be annoyed and frustrated about unexpected delays at the last minute.

Incidentally, do I need to be checking the update list for Latin America -> Mexico -> 820 -> Movistar, or North America -> USA -> 820 -> AT&T? (I'm using T-Mobile, if it makes a difference.) And because of those issues, do I need to do anything special, or will checking in the phone updates tool find it properly?
    07-17-2014 09:01 PM
    I have a reason. I recently (less than a week ago) bought a Lumia 820 from Amazon. Despite the product description, good seller reviews, and positive product reviews, the phone I got is actually set to a Mexican base (the carrier is apparently called Movistar), even though I'm in the US (and buying from the US Amazon store). It's annoying, but if 8.1 works fine here, I can get over it. But if being in a different country from my original firmware is a problem, or if the phone isn't actually factory unlocked, or some other unforeseen problem emerges that prevents the phone from getting 8.1, I need to know as soon as possible so I can return it and get a replacement. That's a reason to be annoyed and frustrated about unexpected delays at the last minute.

Incidentally, do I need to be checking the update list for Latin America -> Mexico -> 820 -> Movistar, or North America -> USA -> 820 -> AT&T? (I'm using T-Mobile, if it makes a difference.) And because of those issues, do I need to do anything special, or will checking in the phone updates tool find it properly?
    There's absolutely no difference in your phone being from Mexico.
    If it works fine now, so will it be after the update.

There's absolutely NOTHING to worry about firmwares or country, you're just getting new stuff for your phone. =]
    Check under Latin America -> Mexico -> 820 -> Movistar.
    The update will come through phone updates in settings as soon as it's available.
    sehkzychic likes this.
    07-17-2014 09:21 PM
    It's annoying, but if 8.1 works fine here, I can get over it. But if being in a different country from my original firmware is a problem, or if the phone isn't actually factory unlocked, or some other unforeseen problem emerges that prevents the phone from getting 8.1, I need to know as soon as possible so I can return it and get a replacement. That's a reason to be annoyed and frustrated about unexpected delays at the last minute.

I got my 1020 online which came from Hong kong and Nokia Aus clearly states that it will not cover the new phone under warranty as it is an overseas model regardless of how new it is. Only for warranty purposes you need to chk with Nokia US to see what is covered and what not.

I flashed my 1020 HK SW with AU SW so I guess I have to wait for AUS release of the update, reasons being that the AU ver is smaller in size and I am assuming that the AU ver is designed for AU conditions and not necessarily that the phone will have issues in terms of operations. See how you go. If you have paid next to nothing in USD compared to what you would have paid in store, I am guessing it will be worth your while to hang on to It and if need be flash it with US version.

Hope it helps

P.S Updates for your phone will be available regardless of where you are with your phone. Only difference will be you will get what the phones from that region(ur phone) will get.
    Last edited by Skamath; 07-18-2014 at 01:12 AM. Reason: P.S sooth saying
    sehkzychic likes this.
    07-18-2014 01:09 AM
    You got many people confused here. When they update to Cyan they also get WP 8.1 as in they are released simultaneously. When users here say Cyan they mean the OS itself ( at least that is the impression I get). They don't have WP8.1 when they are waiting for Cyan.

In short all the users here that are carrying on about Cyan update are talking/ waiting on WP 8.1

Then there's no reason to complain about not having any new features. WP 8.1 has tons.
    07-18-2014 01:13 AM
    I flashed my 1020 HK SW with AU SW so I guess I have to wait for AUS release of the update, reasons being that the AU ver is smaller in size and I am assuming that the AU ver is designed for AU conditions and not necessarily that the phone will have issues in terms of operations. See how you go. If you have paid next to nothing in USD compared to what you would have paid in store, I am guessing it will be worth your while to hang on to It and if need be flash it with US version.

Hope it helps

P.S Updates for your phone will be available regardless of where you are with your phone. Only difference will be you will get what the phones from that region(ur phone) will get.
    Thanks! I'm not particularly tech savvy (at least by the standards on these forums, anyway), so I'm wondering: would flashing the phone to the US version change the basic things on the phone like the power-on splash screen too? Basically, how deep does the flashing go, and what stuff would be left behind?
    07-18-2014 03:27 AM
33 12