Lumia 925 battery discharge at 8% / Hour on idle

rstar66

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,
This is all on my Lumia 925 running 8.1 Cyan. (not developers preview but the actual shizz)

Just Wondering if seeing a 8% average battery discharge is normal, when the phone is not being used.
I charge my new lumia 925 at night, (it used to charge slowly but that fixed and it charges in 2hours now),

The max battery life i have got so far is about 13 hours on an average day. WTH

importantly, Whatsapp seems to take the biggest toll. Texting for twenty minutes wipes off about 20%!!!!!!. it also gets realy realy hot when i try to upload pictures to whatsapp conversations and download from pictures that have been sent to me.

This is also all on 2G!

Ive tried everything obvious. Low brightness, battery saver OFF (I saw this somewhere), No glance, No WIFI/NFC/LOCATION, No double tap to wake up, wifi-sense off, Bluetooth off,

Basically every ding dong diggety smartphone capability, JUST TO SAVE BATTERY!!..

Please tell me this is not normal. :(

Thomas Schindler

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Got the same problem after updating... hot phone, some apps seem to drain my battery as hell (especially Kakao Talk, which drains like 1% every minute its open, even just in the background), but also Facebook and Whatsapp as well.
I think its a problem of the apps, not "8.1 ready" or something like this...

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Of course it's not normal. Do you experienced anything like that before Cyan? In idle, even with 3G or 4G on, the normal is drain about 2~4% at maximum. With a little usage, maybe 5%.

Maybe it's a 8.1 thing, we don't know yet.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No one here mentioned that they tried a Hard Reset... Don't forget to run your backups first.

8.1 is a major change in OS, not just an incremental upgrade and it deserves a "clean install" to run smoothly.

vitor.rf

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
That's an issue with low internet speed and WP.

It seems the phone keeps active longer downloading/uploading stuff when the internet connection is slow.
Better leaving it on 3/4G. Why are you on 2G anyway?

rstar66

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Of course it's not normal. Do you experienced anything like that before Cyan? In idle, even with 3G or 4G on, the normal is drain about 2~4% at maximum. With a little usage, maybe 5%.

Maybe it's a 8.1 thing, we don't know yet.

I didn't really have much time with 8.0 since I bought the phone just earlier this month..

Glad to know I'm not the only one!
But still..
I was expecting a 2-4% per hour drain.. ALL the battery apps I've downloaded and checked with show a max 12-24 hour battery..
And yes..warm.. Very very warm..
Ill try uninstalling WhatsApp over t gr e weekend to see if its the culprit.
Ill keep yall posted.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
That's huge.. my 925 drains at maybe 2% per hour with my glance screen always on max brightness and lte/bluetooth/wifi/ always on

My first recommendation is to reset the phone to factory settings

Second, apps like whatsapp and stuff, set them to always on and enable toast messages, that way you can send your message, hit the start button (tumbstoning it) and then relaunch it when you receive a message (all apps are battery whores, using it this way is a lot more battery effecient) also in my experience.. running on 2g doesn't actually improve battery life.. it seems to do worse than 3g on battery life, though 4g/lte is easily worse than 3g. so if your trying to save battery, I'd recommend 3g

rstar66

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
That's huge.. my 925 drains at maybe 2% per hour with my glance screen always on max brightness and lte/bluetooth/wifi/ always on

My first recommendation is to reset the phone to factory settings

Second, apps like whatsapp and stuff, set them to always on and enable toast messages, that way you can send your message, hit the start button (tumbstoning it) and then relaunch it when you receive a message (all apps are battery whores, using it this way is a lot more battery effecient) also in my experience.. running on 2g doesn't actually improve battery life.. it seems to do worse than 3g on battery life, though 4g/lte is easily worse than 3g. so if your trying to save battery, I'd recommend 3g

Im using 3G now (well H+).. so its sort of still the same. Im waiting for this weekend to wipe the phone to factory settings.

I wont lose anything like the 3 month Mixradio free downloads etc right?

Gene Collins

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Won't a hard reset just restore the phone back to 8.0? You'd then have to reupdate to 8.1. I fail to see how that is any more clean of an install than the original update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes