Swapping the back plate

falcon304

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
After seeing users swap the back plates of their 930s/Icons for cooler color combos, I was thinking of doing the same with my 925. ATT only offered the black one, so I'd like to put on a white back plate.

Does anyone have experience doing this? I'm not afraid of fiddling around and it seems easy enough. I'm more worried about where to buy an extra back from. There are plenty listed on ebay, but they're all Chinese accounts so... yeah.

Last edited:

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't think many people in the 925 forum, are familiar with the process of swapping the backplate from the 930. You will certainly get a faster/better response if you ask your question in the 930 forum area.

But if it means anything, there were a lot of people that have removed the backplate from their 925's to add wireless charging to the insides, rather than from the charging cover. It was a fairly straightforward process. Can't say for sure the 930 will be as easy...

IamDefiler

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the white T-Mo 925 and swapped it for the black one. I ordered an OEM back from someone on eBay. I made sure it was a pull from a working ATT 925. This pretty much guarantees you get all the ribbon cables, etc. for it. I also added wireless charging too. :D

authorandrew

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Where's a good place to get the wireless charging coils? I'd like to buy it without the case but if necessary I'll just get the case. Also, any guides or videos around on removing the back cover? About all I know is to use a suction cup.

IamDefiler

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Really easy, I put the grey one on mine and it looks good. Good luck, be careful and take your time and it will be fine.
I have a black 925 and was thinking of maybe swapping the back with a grey or white, could u maybe send me some photos of yours please so I can see how it looks??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes