12-01-2014 08:45 AM
85 1234
tools
    Those of you with the Developer Preview: Did you find that the WiFi calling is working still with Update 1 also?
    10-29-2014 06:44 AM
    Those of you with the Developer Preview: Did you find that the WiFi calling is working still with Update 1 also?
    Yes it works perfectly, I can send texts via Wi-Fi calling now!
    Guytronic and bigbmc26 like this.
    10-29-2014 06:47 AM
    I finally got the official download of Cyan from T-Mobile this afternoon approx 5 PM local time. It has successfully downloaded and installed. For my quick check of things that didn't work even with the latest Dev Preview.

1. YES WIFI calling works and,
    2. MMS will work correctly even when it is on. Cool!
    Great news. What phone have you got? Does this come with 8.1.1 and / or Lumia Denim firmware included?
    10-29-2014 07:10 AM
    Great news. What phone have you got? Does this come with 8.1.1 and / or Lumia Denim firmware included?
    Wi-Fi calling = T-Mobile Cyan ROM on a 925
    10-29-2014 07:16 AM
    Does anyone know what the product code is for this ROM?
    10-29-2014 08:01 AM
    Does anyone know what the product code is for this ROM?
    Simple online search gave RM-893 059S5C4
    10-29-2014 08:10 AM
    Simple online search gave RM-893 059S5C4
    I found that as well...I guess they haven't uploaded the latest version for NaviFirm. It still shows the old version (3051.40000.1404.0011)
    10-29-2014 08:14 AM
    I found that as well...I guess they haven't uploaded the latest version for NaviFirm. It still shows the old version (3051.40000.1404.0011)
    Yep that's what I'm waiting for as well. Not sure whether i flash it over my unbranded rom or not (I'm not on T-Mobile so don't need Wi-Fi calling)
    10-29-2014 09:01 AM
    Seems like a battery hog; from 100% to 78% in 4 hours.
    Battery saver is on, wifi / BT / location are off. On 2G standby, with manual email check.

Cortana is on, and I went into settings to turn off everything in the background except weather and battery.
    Cortana (BETA) is really nothing at all what I thought it would be. I should turn that off since it serves no purpose.

Overall having 8.1 is not as big of a deal as I expected, the notification panel is only slightly more useful than having pinned wifi and network, brightness settings are nice to have "toggle-able" although wifi is a shortcut.

If the battery drain does not improve I'll be quite bummed about the update since I was happy with 8.0 particularly due to battery performance.
    10-29-2014 12:12 PM
    Congradulations T-Mobile users I am glad to see they finally came through as 8.1/cyan is worth it. As a Consumer Cellular user (att-mvno) I want to see everyone get what makes their phones better. Verizon can go suck an egg. Now T-Mobile needs to push thru the update for the 521 to complete the updates for them.
    10-29-2014 02:45 PM
    Very happy to finally get Cyan. WiFi calling works now. And there is data transfer indicators on the WiFi and cellular icons, which is nice. One nice perk is that it fixed my issue of getting duplicate twitter notifications for the same thing.
    10-29-2014 03:40 PM
    Has anyone on Verizon gotten cyan???? Forgive me if someone already answered this, I didn't read each post.
    10-29-2014 03:45 PM
    How is battery life with the update so far? Going on a big trip this week and it would be unfortunate to deal with battery draining issues.
    10-29-2014 03:53 PM
    Onedrive app is broken on mine following 8.1 update from 8.0.

Onedrive tile is greyed out, can't open app. Anyone else with the same problem?
    10-29-2014 05:00 PM
    Battery saver is on, wifi / BT / location are off. On 2G standby, with manual email check.

Cortana is on, and I went into settings to turn off everything in the background except weather and battery.
    Cortana (BETA) is really nothing at all what I thought it would be. I should turn that off since it serves no purpose.

Overall having 8.1 is not as big of a deal as I expected, the notification panel is only slightly more useful than having pinned wifi and network, brightness settings are nice to have "toggle-able" although wifi is a shortcut.

If the battery drain does not improve I'll be quite bummed about the update since I was happy with 8.0 particularly due to battery performance.
    If it doesn't improve over the next few days you might be one of the few who might need to do a complete phone reset. When I updated my 520 on ATT there was no problem, but when I updated my 920 there was a few problems including battery drain. Everything fixed itself after I finally did a phone reset. Just make sure you backup everything before you reset.
    10-29-2014 05:27 PM
    Onedrive app is broken on mine following 8.1 update from 8.0.

Onedrive tile is greyed out, can't open app. Anyone else with the same problem?
    Give it sometime, it'll restore
    10-29-2014 07:01 PM
    i can't figure out how to get a background picture transposed onto the tiles

n/m i got it

anyone using the more tiles option? not sure i like that.
    10-29-2014 07:35 PM
    I'm using more tiles option. Took about a day to get used to tho. Now I prefer it.
    Guytronic likes this.
    10-29-2014 07:58 PM
    anyone using the more tiles option? not sure i like that.
    You won't even think of going back to the regular layout once you get used to it
    Munter2 likes this.
    10-29-2014 08:08 PM
    really?

i'll try it out then

anyone know how to delete a language pack from cortana? i d/l the english UK version thinking she could talk to me in a british accent but it doesn't work if my language is set to US. can't figure out how to delete the UK one.

keyboard is awesome - action center is cool - cortana is cool

me likey so far

If it doesn't improve over the next few days you might be one of the few who might need to do a complete phone reset. When I updated my 520 on ATT there was no problem, but when I updated my 920 there was a few problems including battery drain. Everything fixed itself after I finally did a phone reset. Just make sure you backup everything before you reset.
    battery life today has definitely been shorter than before - how do you do a hard reset? thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 10-29-2014 at 11:30 PM.
    10-29-2014 08:14 PM
    battery life today has definitely been shorter than before - how do you do a hard reset? thanks in advance.
    It's under settings under "about" or you can turn the phone off, hold down the power off key and down volume key until an exclamation point appears on the screen. Then, press the volume up key followed by the volume down key, the power key, and then the volume down key again. Gears will appear on your screen and the reset could take awhile. That said, I wouldn't do anything for a couple of days and see if your battery stabilizes.

Give Cortana a chance. Once you get it set up and it reminds you to get what you need at the store, or reminds you of something you need to do when you get home, it's pretty much game changing, but there is a lot of set up involved. It can be funny too. Ask her who Jen Taylor is, or tell her Siri called her a *****. She will respond. Jen Taylor is the woman who does her voice and is way more attractive than the woman who voices Siri. Microsoft +1.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 10-29-2014 at 11:29 PM.
    10-29-2014 11:00 PM
    Battery life seems to have stabilized
    6 hours since last charge and 17 hours to go

The update caused tons of apps to run in background so anybody with battery issues check that
    Guytronic likes this.
    10-30-2014 04:34 PM
    Give it sometime, it'll restore
    Two days later, and the OneDrive app is still broken. Phone's been sitting at home on Wifi all night, all other apps are restored except OneDrive.
    10-30-2014 07:30 PM
    I tested out Wi-Fi calling a couple of hours after I updated my phone two days ago. It's working perfectly normal again thanks to this update, and text messaging even works again, yay! One issue I have, however, is that I can't clear temporary files in Storage Sense like I can on my 920 that's running 8.1/Cyan (not developer preview). That's bothersome, to be honest. I have to clear temp files in Storage Check. I figured the Cyan update would fix this issue, but the second or third developer preview update for 8.1 apparently broke it. :-/
    10-30-2014 08:49 PM
    I tested out Wi-Fi calling a couple of hours after I updated my phone two days ago. It's working perfectly normal again thanks to this update, and text messaging even works again, yay! One issue I have, however, is that I can't clear temporary files in Storage Sense like I can on my 920 that's running 8.1/Cyan (not developer preview). That's bothersome, to be honest. I have to clear temp files in Storage Check. I figured the Cyan update would fix this issue, but the second or third developer preview update for 8.1 apparently broke it. :-/
    That's why I removed myself from the preview for developers program, completely reflashed my phone back to 8.0 and started over brand new with cyan on my 925. Running 8.1 update was killing my battery. I couldn't go an entire day without have to plug in my portable charger. Now as I speak, I'm at 45% battery and it hasn't been on the charger since 5 AM this morning and it's now 11:12 PM EST. All in all, I'm happy with the way Wi-Fi calling works with the cyan update.
    10-30-2014 10:14 PM
85 1234