Lumia 925 one year later started to lag?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Do you have Cortana pinned to the startscreen? If you do, then remove her tile and check if the issue is still there

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, i am using the 'Stock' lockscreen with a static image (size is 159KB) and i am using the same one for the start screen background. i understand that the OS crops is and compresses it more, i removed it from the start screen but the lag was still there.
Did you had installed the 'Live lock screen beta'? That gives you a lot of lag even after uninstall.

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I have it installed a long time ago, it didnt do the resuming bug for me, however i am not using it now, gonna remove it anyway and check back with you

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
just removed an app called "Remember to Drink" and the phone feels smoother now, i haven't seen the start screen since. Fingers crossed that this might be the real cause

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
if "Loading" and "Resuming" Screen count as lag and
1 u.jpg
2 u.jpg

screen like this also then my Lumia phone is lagging since WP8.1 and nothing solve this not even flashing your device. I think WP8.1 is too heavey for old dual core Lumia devices

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
This isn't called lag, it's just loading images again since they were removed from memory because an app was using alot of ram. My problem is with the start menu animations.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
if "Loading" and "Resuming" Screen count as lag and
View attachment 93519
View attachment 93520

screen like this also then my Lumia phone is lagging since WP8.1 and nothing solve this not even flashing your device. I think WP8.1 is too heavey for old dual core Lumia devices

Wrong. Developer Preview builds are generally unoptimised for the older firmware (of which is not designed to specifically support the newer OS), so the phone itself becomes less efficient. When I got off the Developer Preview program for a short while and upgraded my firmware to Cyan (not hard resetting or anything) the phone became much quicker and more fluid. As soon as I installed Update 1 through the PFD program then it slowed right down again. Try starting from scratch if you've been hard resetting and restoring from a backup.

W3nZ

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello to all,

i had the same "Lag" issue when i switched back to the start screen. Removing Cortana Live Tile was the fix for me.
No more Lags on switching back to the start screen. I'm on Preview for developers Program.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon