Black screen during a phone call on my Lumia 925 on Windows 10, but Prox sensor is fine?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Black screen during a phone call on my lumia 925 on windows 10, but prox sensor is fine.

I have upgraded my Nokia Lumia 925 to windows 10 release preview build, and i am getting this issue were if i make a call or receive one, my phone screen will stay black. I know that this can happen when the prox censer by the front facing camera is faulty, but after testing this using the glance screen, the Prox censer seems to be working fine, as the time shows up as soon as i uncover the sensor.

Is it possible that the phone app is not detecting the prox sencer properly? is this a known issue with 925's on windows 10 and is there a way to fix this?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Black screen during a phone call on my lumia 925 on windows 10, but prox sensor is fine.

I have upgraded my Nokia Lumia 925 to windows 10 release preview build, and i am getting this issue were if i make a call or receive one, my phone screen will stay black. I know that this can happen when the prox censer by the front facing camera is faulty, but after testing this using the glance screen, the Prox censer seems to be working fine, as the time shows up as soon as i uncover the sensor.

Is it possible that the phone app is not detecting the prox sencer properly? is this a known issue with 925's on windows 10 and is there a way to fix this?

I've just tested on my lumia 1020, screen goes off when any object is closer than 3 inches to the screen. If there is nothing nearby, screen stays on. Can you test on yours on how far an object needs to be for the screen to be on?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes