Nokia Lumia 928 with PureView camera and aluminum body

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Agree with alot that has been said above, the images are likely just being sent around internally to verizon - I would be surprised if verizon had posters, but that would make an impact statement - you know what they say about pictures....
Now that Honestabebread is giving more details (not that he hasnt already...but it appears he is confirming specs now, this means an announcement next week, perhaps Thursday. I had heard previously that they like to announce on a Thursday...only another week perhaps?

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm really looking to ditch my iPhone 5 due to sheer boredom and have no desire whatsoever to pick up a non-Nexus Android device on Verizon due to lack of software updates, so I'd really love to see the 928 released by the end of the month. It'd be nice to have a phone running a similar OS to my Windows 8 laptop.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
With the Z10 turning out to be a major flop in the US now would be a perfect time for Nokia to get their new phones on to the market.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If only it were that easy :/

This has been the most agonizing wait I've ever had for a phone - and I've had tons of phones.
No - Trophy was FAR more agonizing. Using a Windows Mobile phone while everyone else was playing with new Windows Phones, switching to Sprint and later ATT only to learn that they both have inadequate reception in my area, trying to develop an app without having a device..... This is nothing!

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
there is an article out there that the z10 is selling very poorly after its initial launch.. and now the stores are seeing more returns than purchases is some cases

RIM is denying its the case

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
there is an article out there that the z10 is selling very poorly after its initial launch.. and now the stores are seeing more returns than purchases is some cases

RIM is denying its the case
Verizon denied it too. Return rate is very low on the Z10. And while sales aren't crazy good, it's doing about like everyone expected.

stwall

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I've played with the Z10 a bit and while I prefer a WP experience, they built a pretty good device. Feels fantastic in the hand and has a pretty smooth response to the software.

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I tried the Z10 out for a couple days. It's a nice phone and nice OS, but the apps are the worst BY FAR of any mobile phone on the market. For one, they don't have any...secondly, the ones they have are horrible...slow, choppy and overall just inconsistent. The whole ordeal of porting Android apps is another issue that is killing them. And of course Verizon and BB would say that the reports are false...would you expect them to confirm that their phone is tanking? That will be confirmed when official numbers are released.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Verizon denied it too. Return rate is very low on the Z10. And while sales aren't crazy good, it's doing about like everyone expected.
Good to know. I think I'm going to pick up a Z10 off contract, even though my upgrade is May 20th. Then I can use my upgrade when the next gen WP gets released. I'm sick of waiting and my Trophy feels like chopped liver next to my GFs Z10 and buddies 8x. lol

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I tried the Z10 out for a couple days. It's a nice phone and nice OS, but the apps are the worst BY FAR of any mobile phone on the market. For one, they don't have any...secondly, the ones they have are horrible...slow, choppy and overall just inconsistent. The whole ordeal of porting Android apps is another issue that is killing them. And of course Verizon and BB would say that the reports are false...would you expect them to confirm that their phone is tanking? That will be confirmed when official numbers are released.

Verizon wouldn't care unless it was false. HTC is tanking but you haven't heard Verizon say anything about it because its all true.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Did u guys read about the device payment plan launching on the 21st just in time for the 928 no contracts

From Engadget

Look: we know many on Verizon aren't happy that the carrier has revealed plans to lengthen its upgrade intervals right as smartphone update season is hitting full stride. However, there may be a consolation prize. As of April 21st, "some devices" in its smartphone range, not just the existing tablets, will qualify for a Device Payment Plan that spreads out the full costs over the course of a year, letting those who crave the latest mobile hardware (presumably, you) upgrade without either having to sign a contract or pay everything up front. Sounds like a very UnCarrier thing to do, doesn't it? Not quite, unfortunately. The carrier tells us that these payments sit on top of existing service plans, not inside them -- the base service rate won't go down in year two. T-Mobile will remain the better bargain for anyone constantly replacing handsets, then, but those on Verizon will at least have a degree of freedom.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/12/...et&utm_medium=twitter&a_dgi=aolshare_facebook

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Expect a fundamental shift from Verizon soon. It will be similar to what T Mobile did except it will still cost more (but the network will be better obviously). Verizon's been talking about going contract free since late 2011 and I think we're getting very close since 100% LTE overlap will be done by July and then VoLTE will roll out at a rapid pace. Our new prepaid plans are very competitive. $60 a month for unlimited talk and text and 500MB is a good deal if you throw an astoundingly good LTE network into the mix.

This whole 24 months/payment plan thing is a way to condition customers. Verizon has the largest basic phone user base out of any carrier and those people will flip their lids if they have to pay $300 for a basic phone.

It's coming but I don't know when. Probably Q3 or 4.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I sent a facebook message to Nokia News and asked about the release of the Lumia 928 and received a response that "Will be announced soon".

Is this an official Nokia site ? Anyone know ? Thanks...

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
@honestabebread.. any chance that the lumia 928 release lines up with the loss of NE2 date (april 15th i think?), or lines up with paying for your phone in increments (april 21st)?
i feel liek in the past, they would line up big changes with big phone releases.. although, i would guess these big changes would be aimed more as the GS4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar