The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-14-2013 10:58 PM
61 123
tools
    Lets not forget that the 928 battery is not the same battery. It is a Li-po vs the 920's Li-on. It could just be a better battery.
    actually - they are both Lithium Polymer....according to the official Nokia specs pages...
    Yes, battery voltages appear to be different - 3.41V vs 3.7V - perhaps they are running the circuits at a lower voltage because they can (means lower power consumption and dissipation and maybe even heat!)
    05-13-2013 03:04 PM
    @nazir - this is a relaxed forum in general.
    You did come with some interesting information - but in my 15 mins of searching the internet and Qualcomms site (public and development) , i have yet to find anything remotely close to WTR acronym.
    However, chill, relax, have some humor - the people here are really a nice bunch, they have humor that needs to be appreciated some times, but they do know a LOT about Windows phones and even OTHER phones!
    stay a while - you'll learn something :)
    Last edited by jmajid; 05-13-2013 at 06:54 PM. Reason: typos:)
    05-13-2013 03:21 PM
    Good stuff. Obviously not an upgrade. More like a refinement. Waiting to see if November brings the 800 Snapdragon, real Pureview, 1080P with a 5" 441 PPI screen, longer battery life in a similar form factor without sacrificing anything. A 6" tablet even better.
    05-13-2013 03:44 PM
    Firstly, sorry to both of you. I didnt know that the water-tight rabbits thingy was meant to be a joke. I had a feeling it was joke, that why I patiently replied to modmedic to elaborate more about it. He or other follower can easily tell me it was a joke to clear the air. He (modmedic) decided to be quiet (eventhough he online) and MobileVortex suddenly come out of the blue and telling me that I forgot my sarcasm font. I checked again my earlier post to see if I made any mistake or if the post offended anybody. I responded to MobileVortex, asking him what he meant by I forgot the sarcasm font ? No answer (eventhough he online all the time). Thing gets more confuse for me. Maybe I did something wrong. I gave them (both of them) a time to response, but I never get any. So, I decided to break the silence with my last post and it works. Now everybody flooded this topic (including the mentioned above) to clear the air. Shouldn't it easy to clear the air before I wrote my sarcasm comment ? Anyway, the past is past....lesson learn for everybody including me. No need to delete any post or topic. It is what it is. Sorry guys.
    05-13-2013 05:27 PM
    Honestly i ment to quote the first post not yours. Wasn't trying to be a d!ick or anything just thought he ;) made it obvious he was kidding.
    05-13-2013 06:00 PM
    Sob...sob...a little too late...my heart is broken into pieces...LOL :P
    05-13-2013 06:52 PM
    No worries, Nazir. I'm guessing from your most recent post that while your English is very good, it isn't your first language, and that combined with your being new here you didn't realize I was joking. My apologies.
    05-13-2013 08:52 PM
    Now who dont get the joke ??? I was joking an above post with ending - LOL and
    Anyway, lesson learn for everybody. My apologies as well.
    05-13-2013 11:11 PM
    Nokia are using cats with opposable thumbs!! Now that's innovation right there lol:P top that iPhone/android!
    scooterbro1956 likes this.
    05-14-2013 12:02 AM
    I am still confused on the differences in audio between this and 920. Is there more mics than 920? Are they different? Some people have said stereo recording but I dont see that in specs. Also, I see it has a different speaker but is the amp new and different? What about headphone amp? Regarding camera, is hardware really different besides the xenon flash?

There really is confusion on this compared to 920 in the media reports so far. They talk about screen and build...but no one is really talking about audio or camera hardware diffs except Nokia so I need help here.

I'm potentially getting three of these on day one. I am taking deep dive coming from Sprint after 12 long and boring years and droid so want to make sure I am not overlooking the Att option of colored 920s with same audio and video capabilities and cheaper price. All my options are open. I've been following this 928 for months and just need clarification from those who really know 920 hardware compared to this.
    Thanks.
    Right here in the specs:
    Main video camera features
    • Video streaming: YouTube browsing and video streaming, Progressive video download, Streaming from video services and internet
    • Video recording features: Stereo Audio Recording, Video light, Video zoom, Optical image stabilization, Continuous autofocus

Nokia Lumia 928 - Specifications - Nokia - USA

It has the same number of mics as the 920.
    Is it odd that video audio recording is in stereo, but the voice and audio recording is in mono?

Voice and audio recording
    • Recording: Voice recording in MMS, Voice recording in OneNote
    • Audio recording file formats: AMR
    • Audio recording codecs: AMR-NB, GSM FR
    • Audio recording features: Mono with high dynamics
    It's GONE! It's GONE! Check these out: [http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...hl=en&ct=clnk] Lumia 928 - Specifications - Nokia - USA (CACHED)[/url]

-and-

Nokia Lumia 928 - Specifications - Nokia - USA

Looks like the video recording could only be in mono!
    05-14-2013 06:26 AM
    They have also revised their battery life estimates. The music playback went from 80 to 63 hours and talk times were reduced too. It's still improved over the 920, but not so dramatically now.
    scooterbro1956 likes this.
    05-14-2013 10:58 PM
61 123