NOKIA LUMIA 928: Anybody have it yet or planning to purchase!

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
How glad are you Odin? I am so Siked this phone is out. It has more than I expected. I feel stupid complaining about color at this point, but I find myself debating whether I should buy this phone now or wait and see if other colors come out in a month. I don't know....

I am thrilled that this thing is finally coming. Its been a grueling wait and it kills me that I simply won't have time to get to the store on Thursday. I have a wireless charger on the way. The 928 has not disappointed me in the least... But I was always going to get the black!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Selling my 8x and getting a Black 928. Im a snowboarder, so the super sensitive touch screen and ois is perfect for me! Getting a Black one off contract!

bwhite757

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Long time Android user here (11 different Android devices since the OG Droid, currently Note 2), going to buy the black 928 on launch day. I could care less about colors, to me being colorful just makes it look more like a toy, but that's just my opinion.

I said when the 920 launched if it came to VZW I would be willing to try it, but it never did. Instead we get a refreshed version. I have nothing but good things to say about Android, but I like to try new phones for 3 or 4 months then go on to the next device that comes out. I'm really starting to take a lot more pictures and videos with my phone thanks to my 4 y/o daughter, and that's the main selling point for me at this point. I'm very much a tech ******, and I'm willing to give WP8 a shot now that there's some hardware on VZW that has caught my eye. Thursday can't get here fast enough.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
In for a white Lumia 928 on Thursday. Just have to figure out where the best retail option is to pick it up that day. Don't want to deal with a MIR for Verizon, but I'd also like to pick up a wireless charger from them, so I'll probably end up at a Verizon corporate store anyway.

The only thing that can make me hesitate on this purchase now is if Nokia announces that something next gen (like the EOS) will be coming out this summer. Then I will have a tougher decision to make.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I plan on getting it day 1, providing it's available first thing in the morning. I'll have to see it in person to decide which color I'll get. I'm bummed I can't get red, but my Trophy has problems and I am dying to get a new phone, so no waiting for me.

BCS2k

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I'll be getting it on launch day. We have a verizon store on campus (Microsoft), so i'll be taking an early lunch break to go pick it up. Probably in white. I've been an Android user from day one, my first smart phone being the G1. I like the freedom that Android gave me to do dev work, but after having a kid I can't keep up with all the builds for the custom roms. Now I just want a phone that works and that I don't have to worry about. Plus after starting a Microsoft, figure I should probably be brand loyal. ;)

I can't wait for Thursday. This is the phone I've been waiting for before I made the move to WP8.

EDIT: BTW - long time lurker, first post.

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
i amplanning on a white one. currently an htc hd7 user on tmobile. if nokia does not announce anything for tmo on tuesday, my destiny will be obvious

AnnWP8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I, too, was told that I would lose my unlimited data plan when I used my upgrade to purchase the Nokia Lumia 928. Can you explain to me what you meant when listing one of your options to avoid this was "adding a line?" I am wanting to purchase the white Lumia
928 on the 16th. It has been a long, but worthwhile wait!

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I, too, was told that I would lose my unlimited data plan when I used my upgrade to purchase the Nokia Lumia 928. Can you explain to me what you meant when listing one of your options to avoid this was "adding a line?" I am wanting to purchase the white Lumia
928 on the 16th. It has been a long, but worthwhile wait!

There are a few ways around the whole unlimited data thing. Basically you only lose unlimited if the contract and the phone hit the system together. So you could add a line with a 2GB plan, then pop your SIM into the new phone. That keeps the unlimited. Or if you have someone on your account with a limited plan, you can upgrade them into the new phone then switch them back to their old one and assign the new phone to your number.

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it will sell out, but I plan on being at my Verizon store at 10am Thursday. I'm 95% sure I'll be going with a black 928 but I'll at least check the white one out before I go throw my money at the CSR.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
for me, I think I would like to wait for a couple of reasons...
Like to know what other carriers this will work when bought from say Microsoft outright...need a global phone and perhaps one that works on TMo too...
Also, want to know more about what will be announced on the 14th and of course when those devices will be released.
So, i will be waiting - but that white does look nice, gives it that two tone look :)

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I have an 8x and and had the 822 when it first came out. I manage a business account so I could get a 928 if I really wanted. However, I am very happy with my 8X and not really tempted by the 928. Will wait for the next if thing.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if i have seen this anywhere or not...
but will Microsoft have these at their stores?
The Microsoft online store doesnt show it today (sunday)...

WoodenStick

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had an Iphone 4 for 2 years. Never had an android phone but I know a lot of people like them. I don't know anyone that owns a windows phone besides the people I read about on this site. I have waited for this phone and I will be getting a black one asap on Thursday. my iphone is white and its time for a change. I'm gonna not like losing my unlimited but oh well. unless a miracle happens before then its bye by to that too.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Bought my 8x,Trophy, and 822 on launch...the 928 will be no different :)

Does anyone know the off contract pricing yet? The 920 on ATT was $350, which is INSANELY cheap. If the 928 is priced in the $350-400 range off contract I think it may do quite well. No way I'm giving up unlimited data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes