White or Black 928?

JamesForKing

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So I got my 928 on the 16th. Being the impatient little kid that I am, I got the white because that's all they had. No black. I really was leaning towards black when I was going in, too. So that's a bit of a disappointment. I love this thing, but it's bugging me so bad that I didn't have a choice. I may go back and just check the black out when they get it. Possibly return the white and go black, I don't know, maybe I even would like white better.

Is the black 928 a matte back, or glossy like the white? I think if it's matte, that's what it comes down to. I'm not a fan of the gloss. There would be a restocking fee if I went back, but. It may be worth it. 928 owners, do you like your black?

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't returning devices leave a negative impression on Verizon, AT&T, etc. regardless of why you returned it? I've always been curious how returns impact an oems/carriers bottom line when devices are returned, especially if the device is not defective? There may be a market for refurbished devices, but I'm certainly not in that market :)

I respect a persons right to change their mind and get a different color; but it does seem like a waste of time if your heart is set on a specific color, but purchase a different color only to return it to get the color that you originally desired.

techgeek32

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't returning devices leave a negative impression on Verizon, AT&T, etc. regardless of why you returned it? I've always been curious how returns impact an oems/carriers bottom line when devices are returned, especially if the device is not defective? There may be a market for refurbished devices, but I'm certainly not in that market :)

I respect a persons right to change their mind and get a different color; but it does seem like a waste of time if your heart is set on a specific color, but purchase a different color only to return it to get the color that you originally desired.

The carriers don't lose any money. These returned phones just get put into the certified replacement phone stock. The customer will lose $35 to make that choice, so they should have that right whether the phone is defective or not. Especially for those that keep a phone for two years.

techgeek32

May 14, 2013
Visit site
So I got my 928 on the 16th. Being the impatient little kid that I am, I got the white because that's all they had. No black. I really was leaning towards black when I was going in, too. So that's a bit of a disappointment. I love this thing, but it's bugging me so bad that I didn't have a choice. I may go back and just check the black out when they get it. Possibly return the white and go black, I don't know, maybe I even would like white better.

Is the black 928 a matte back, or glossy like the white? I think if it's matte, that's what it comes down to. I'm not a fan of the gloss. There would be a restocking fee if I went back, but. It may be worth it. 928 owners, do you like your black?

I have the black and the white. I love the look of the black, it is matte by the way. The problem with the black is that it is much slicker to hold than the white. Even though the white is glossy it has a much better feel in hand. If you are going to use a case it doesn't matter, but I use mine naked and I might stick with the white just because it is grippier in hand. Grippier is not a word, but best way to describe it.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
The carriers don't lose any money. These returned phones just get put into the certified replacement phone stock. The customer will lose $35 to make that choice, so they should have that right whether the phone is defective or not. Especially for those that keep a phone for two years.

Do you still have to pay the $35 restocking fee even if there is something defective about it? For example, my Lumia 928 on the back wehre the Carl Zeiss camera lens part is, it isn't flush with the back of the phone, but it is flush on my wife's. (Also, we both have the 'blotchy' Windows button problem plus my phone has randomly shut off on several occasions). Can I take mine back in and get a new one (it's been less than 14 days) without having to pay $35 for it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon