Lumia 928 - FIRST weekend, first week, first month "sales numbers" - updated with last 6 mo WP8 data

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 928 - FIRST weekend, first week, first month "sales numbers" - updated with last 6 mo WP8 data

Let's see what we can find that the bloggers and press is reporting and keep track here.

My "pre-order" black 928 was picked up by FedEx on Sunday evening, May 19th but is not shipping until Monday May 20th. I "think" that these will count for first weekend.

Last edited:

ArvydasGOAT

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 928 - FIRST weekend, first week, first month "sales numbers"

Let's see what we can find that the bloggers and press is reporting and keep track here.

My "pre-order" black 928 was picked up by FedEx on Sunday evening, May 19th but is not shipping until Monday May 20th. I "think" that these will count for first weekend.

They're not going to give numbers, and probably never will, unless it's some ungodly high number. Reporting that they sold like 24,000 928s when Apple preorders like 5 million iPhone each launch, mean MS/Nokia/whoever else will likely never report first week or first weekend sales for a WP8 device.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

They're not going to give numbers, and probably never will, unless it's some ungodly high number. Reporting that they sold like 24,000 928s when Apple preorders like 5 million iPhone each launch, mean MS/Nokia/whoever else will likely never report first week or first weekend sales for a WP8 device.

I couldn't agree more - but, I am expecting people to "estimate" by calling stores, stopping by, etc. You obviously won't see Verizon or Microsoft ... but, I wouldn't be surprised to see something from Nokia to spur adoption ... AGAIN, IF the numbers are "good"!

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Ok, not exactly about the 928, but an interview with Greg Sullivan, Windows Phone Marketing head - I suspect that we may see "Nokia forecasts" as I recall seeing an analysts estimate of sales for the Verizon 822 vs. ATT 920 (I will look for that) ... HINT, the Nokia 822 IS DOING QUITE WELL ... which I never would have guessed.

Just tells you the power of Verizon with 100 Million subscribers!

Greg Sullivan explains US Windows Phone Strategy will rely on $150 handsets | WMPoweruser

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

This article - dated May 12, 2013 - should serve as an excellent "baseline" as this analyst has estimate numbers - I'D BE SHOCKED, with the 928's VERY AGRESSIVE launch pricing of $29 to $99 on-contract and $499.99 OFF-CONTRACT - that the Lumia 928 didn't surpass the 822 !

Nokia's About To Have A Blockbuster Week - Seeking Alpha

From the article - I am AMAZED by the Verizon Nokia 822 - I have personally helped over 2 dozen friends, business colleagues and customers get setup on the ATT Lumia 920 - some as cheap as $39 and $449 off-contract thru Amazon Wireless and ATT direct - and yet, according to this analyst, the 822 BLEW AWAY the Nokia 920:

ScreenHunter_23 May. 20 09.42.jpg

ScreenHunter_42 May. 13 09.29.jpg

McSlappy

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 928 - FIRST weekend, first week, first month "sales numbers" - updated with last 6 mo WP8

Well Best Buy can only get them online here. Verizon doesn't have any in stock for sale. Only place you seem to be able get them is where I got mine at the Microsoft store.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 928 - FIRST weekend, first week, first month "sales numbers" - updated with last 6 mo WP8

Well Best Buy can only get them online here. Verizon doesn't have any in stock for sale. Only place you seem to be able get them is where I got mine at the Microsoft store.

Strange you say that ... from our SF Bay area location, I am seeing "availability" for BOTH black and white at Verizon Online - local Verizon and Microsoft say they still have white available ... black has yet to appear at any of our Verizon local stores.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes