Currently just using the back key to get to the home screen to kill whatever app I'm using.

Is there a better way? I wish we could close whatever application from the running application view (view you get when you hold down the back button).
    05-25-2013 01:18 AM
    nope, no better way for the time being D:
    05-25-2013 01:19 AM
    Why do you need to kill the aps? Are you experiencing terrible battery life?
    05-25-2013 01:24 AM
    I was initially when I first activated the phone - after going through full cycle charges and monitoring it via Battery Sense app, it's getting better.

However, this isn't the reason - I just don't like having applications sitting in the background hogging up whatever resources tied to them.
    05-25-2013 02:13 AM
    I was initially when I first activated the phone - after going through full cycle charges and monitoring it via Battery Sense app, it's getting better.

However, this isn't the reason - I just don't like having applications sitting in the background hogging up whatever resources tied to them.
    If I'm not mistaken WP8 was designed in such a way that you need not worry about apps hogging resources. The only thing that will require maintenance is the "other" storage. If you just have to make sure all apps are close I'm afraid you will have to just tap the back arrow like a crazy person as previously mentioned, but its not something you need to do.
    hopmedic and Residing like this.
    05-25-2013 02:22 AM
    Dont know if this helps or not. But the phone allows you to kill programs that run in the background that utilize data. My phone just prompted me without me hunting for it. I had five programs running that required data and the phone popped up with a notification and it allowed me to change the settings. Pretty cool since Android didnt auto-inform you of this. Then you check that you want it off until the next time you open up the app.
    05-25-2013 10:22 AM
    The easiest way to kill a running application in Windows Phone is to tap the start button. That's all it takes.

Want a better explanation of why? Look at this post that I just wrote up:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ml#post1990487
    05-25-2013 10:22 AM
    Currently just using the back key to get to the home screen to kill whatever app I'm using.

Is there a better way? I wish we could close whatever application from the running application view (view you get when you hold down the back button).
    ...yeah don't do this. There's no need. As soon as you browse away the app closes.

If you want to make sure nothing is running in the background, go to settings, swipe over to applications, and select "Background tasks". That will show you anything that can do work in the background (push notifications, live tile updates, music, whatever)
    You can block them as you see fit.

This isn't iOS or Android :)
    Last edited by Siah1214; 05-27-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    hopmedic likes this.
    05-25-2013 02:37 PM