Is there an easier way to kill running applications?

_catcrap

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Currently just using the back key to get to the home screen to kill whatever app I'm using.

Is there a better way? I wish we could close whatever application from the running application view (view you get when you hold down the back button).

_catcrap

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I was initially when I first activated the phone - after going through full cycle charges and monitoring it via Battery Sense app, it's getting better.

However, this isn't the reason - I just don't like having applications sitting in the background hogging up whatever resources tied to them.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I was initially when I first activated the phone - after going through full cycle charges and monitoring it via Battery Sense app, it's getting better.

However, this isn't the reason - I just don't like having applications sitting in the background hogging up whatever resources tied to them.

If I'm not mistaken WP8 was designed in such a way that you need not worry about apps hogging resources. The only thing that will require maintenance is the "other" storage. If you just have to make sure all apps are close I'm afraid you will have to just tap the back arrow like a crazy person as previously mentioned, but its not something you need to do.

maylea31

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Dont know if this helps or not. But the phone allows you to kill programs that run in the background that utilize data. My phone just prompted me without me hunting for it. I had five programs running that required data and the phone popped up with a notification and it allowed me to change the settings. Pretty cool since Android didnt auto-inform you of this. Then you check that you want it off until the next time you open up the app.

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Currently just using the back key to get to the home screen to kill whatever app I'm using.

Is there a better way? I wish we could close whatever application from the running application view (view you get when you hold down the back button).

...yeah don't do this. There's no need. As soon as you browse away the app closes.

If you want to make sure nothing is running in the background, go to settings, swipe over to applications, and select "Background tasks". That will show you anything that can do work in the background (push notifications, live tile updates, music, whatever)
You can block them as you see fit.

This isn't iOS or Android :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05