Worth Buying Now?

Brett Jackson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted some opinions on whether or not I should pull the trigger and go pick this up. I currently have an 8x, which I don't mind, but really would love the nicer low light photography, exclusive apps, and I also prefer the design of the 928 much better. I have an upgrade available, but would it be worth it to buy now? Or should I wait for something else to be coming down the line?

aalex

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Once the brain wants it's all downhill from there. You'll just keep thinking about it. Go for it.

Sent from my Nokia 928 with Tapatalk

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
928 will remain the only true WP flagship until the end of the year for Verizon. Unless your option includes switching carrier.

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
The 928, while bigger than the 8X (which I really like, btw) has a few advantages. One, the screen is bigger, and it's just a better display. The phone also SOUNDS better than the 8X. I also find that I can bang out texts and emails far more easily, and I suspect that this has to do with the physically larger keyboard. It's not HUGELY larger, but it very definitely makes a difference. Battery life seems better as well. Get it. The 928 is, as of now, my very favorite phone. I like it better than the 8X, and a lot better than the S4. What I wish for every day is a rotation lock, but I can live without it to have all the rest of the advantages.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The 928, while bigger than the 8X (which I really like, btw) has a few advantages. One, the screen is bigger, and it's just a better display. The phone also SOUNDS better than the 8X. I also find that I can bang out texts and emails far more easily, and I suspect that this has to do with the physically larger keyboard. It's not HUGELY larger, but it very definitely makes a difference. Battery life seems better as well. Get it. The 928 is, as of now, my very favorite phone. I like it better than the 8X, and a lot better than the S4. What I wish for every day is a rotation lock, but I can live without it to have all the rest of the advantages.

Wow, Exactly what I was thinking....I have both...

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
My gf just switched from an Android phone to the 928 and she loves it. I was actually surprised how much she likes it since she usually doesn't care about technology and doesn't like change.

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
My gf just switched from an Android phone to the 928 and she loves it. I was actually surprised how much she likes it since she usually doesn't care about technology and doesn't like change.

Hahaha this sounds exactly like my girlfriend. She and I are both planning to switch to 928s when our contracts are up. She hates technology and when she has to learn new stuff, but when I showed her an 8X in the store she loved it. She's hooked on wanting a WP8 now!

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
If Verizon is your only option, then the Lumia 928 is the best you can get (and what I have personally). If you're willing to switch carriers, the Lumia 925 on T-Mobile will afford you a slightly better camera. If you're willing to wait AND switch, you might be interested in waiting for the July 11th announcement see if the Nokia EOS might be an option to you. But if you do wait, then make July 12th the cut-off date for your decision. On that day, choose to go with the 928 immediately or choose to grab the EOS when it comes out -- and stick to your decision, otherwise you will be tempted in many conflicting directions.

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't see the advantage to switching. I own the 928, and I have owned the 8x. Unless you NEED xenon flash and nokia apps.. stick with the 8x.

8x feels so much nicer in hand - IMO

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I switched from an android device to the Lumia 928 and have no regrets. This is a solid phone that looks great, feels great in my big hands, and works great. Good luck!

Niall928

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
My sister has the HTC 8x and I find the size more comfortable compared to the 928. Camera quality on the 928 is better so I am told. The 928 also has twice the amount of storage. I don't feel its worth spending money to upgrade for minor specs difference. I just now upgraded from an iPhone 4 and I was considering going another six months with it. If you have the money to spend, I would at the very least wait till they upgrade the processor and other hardware. But that's just me, I am extremely cheap.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's a good question. Right now I have a BlackBerry Z10 and like the look of the Lumia 928 and I have an upgrade in August. But I don't think that I will use that on the 928. I am going to wait until around holiday time when the Aristo (next BlackBerry high end) and possibly other high end Windows Phones come out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes