Hello, I have two quick questions about using the camera. First, is there anyway to disable the flash completely? When the flash is set to off, it still flashes. Is there perhaps an app that can take a picture without any flash at all? Second, my phone is no longer auto-rotating when in the camera app. Was there an update to prevent this or is something wrong with my phone preventing the interface from rotating when I rotate my phone?

Thanks!
    09-01-2013 02:19 PM
    Take a look at the guide in my sig (click the image) - the first post specifically deals with how to use the default camera app and will tell you about enabling or disabling the flash through the UI. Hope that helps!

As far as your phone not recognising when you tilt your phone, is this only in the camera app or is it a wider problem?
    09-01-2013 02:23 PM
    With your guide, I was able to fix the flash problem. Thanks.

After playing with several apps and comparing my 928 to my brother's 8x, mine is not rotating at all except when it does so automatically (like playing a YouTube video). In apps such as the messager app, my phone does nothing when I rotate the screen. I also can't seem to find any settings related to this...
    09-01-2013 03:18 PM
    What you're seeing is the focus assist light. With the phone in portrait orientation, open the settings menu by clicking on the three dots in the bottom right corner and then choose "photo settings..." Then scroll all the way down and change the Focus Assist Light option to "Off." If you want this to be the new default, be sure that you click save. Backing out with the back arrow will only turn the light off for that session.

As far as the auto-rotate, I'm afraid I can't help you. Sorry!
    Muessig likes this.
    09-01-2013 03:55 PM