Phantom Notification

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
For the past several weeks, I have been getting what I refer to as a "Phantom Notification". At 6 something in the morning, I will hear a tone similar to a text notification. When I check the phone, there are no new texts, nor are there any other notifications of any kind. I can't be certain if it is the exact same time each morning or not. This morning, I heard the tone at 6:41, although I'm pretty sure I heard it earlier as well. On one occasion, I'm I think I saw some kind of notice across the top of the screen, but by the time I grabbed the phone and my glasses, it was gone.

Any ideas? I checked my alarms and made sure I deleted them all. Additionally, I am going through all my apps that I think are capable of notifications and making sure that they are set not to send notices.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
What about emergency alerts do you have those turned on >settings>application>messaging>emergency alerts.When I get those they are toast notifaction's and show up under messages..

RapidTurtle

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Ebay notification? That happend to me the other day. A watched item was ending soon, and it took me a while to figure out it was a notification from Ebay.

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Checked both suggestions and notifications were enable for both. I've turned them off. Let's see what happens tomorrow morning!

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Got a notification sound at 5:37 this morning! Checked background tasks under Settings-Applications and blocked At Bat 13. Seems like I installed this app about the same time I first noticed this problem.

gab1972

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Figured it out! It was my Bing News app. Had "News Alerts" activated. Needs to have a vibrate only option.

Or...you know, MS could go ahead and give us a notifications section so we can see what dinged us at 6AM! I love the toast notifications, but as soon as the toast goes away, there's not trace as to what notification you got at what time unless you take notice of the live tile numbers for unread counts. I really wish they'd do something about this. I'm pulling for ya Microkia...now lets pull it together!

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Could be CNN headline alert

For the past several weeks, I have been getting what I refer to as a "Phantom Notification". At 6 something in the morning, I will hear a tone similar to a text notification. When I check the phone, there are no new texts, nor are there any other notifications of any kind. I can't be certain if it is the exact same time each morning or not. This morning, I heard the tone at 6:41, although I'm pretty sure I heard it earlier as well. On one occasion, I'm I think I saw some kind of notice across the top of the screen, but by the time I grabbed the phone and my glasses, it was gone.

Any ideas? I checked my alarms and made sure I deleted them all. Additionally, I am going through all my apps that I think are capable of notifications and making sure that they are set not to send notices.

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Thought I had it figured out, but still getting early morning notification signal. In addition, the screen will light up for a second. It's creepy?
Thought it might be Glance, so turned it off but no luck.
Could it be related to auto backup?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar