Dull white display when compared to Apple 5s and white-balance card

Donald Burr

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have my color profile set all the way to "Cool" and it still does not come close to producing a pure white background. I was comparing my phone to a friends Apple 5s and the 928's screen was really dull and off-white in comparison.

I later compared it to a white-balance card with the same results.

Where I saw this the most was reading email (black text and white background and with the Kindle app. When looking Kindle the Apple 5s produced as true, brilliant page-white display and the text was sharp and easy to read, while the 928 was readable the contrast was not even close to the 5s and the background was a dull off-white with a slight yellow tint.

I don't get it. I thought the Lumia display was supposed to be one of the best on the market.

What am I missing here?

Anyone else done this comparison?

Is there something wrong with my display or is the Lumia display simply not up to snuff.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia has an OLED screen, while the iPhone has an IPS panel. Yours generates way more saturated colors and darker blacks, but the iPhone is a bit lighter, and the white is better..

Donald Burr

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Got to disagree on the color and blacks, I was really chagrinned because I thought the Lumia display would be better and sorry to say it is not even close... I wanted so for the Lumia display to be at least on par but truly not in the same league.

Further I did not think that burn-in would ever be a problem with AMOLED screens but I am SO WORNG... the Pandora controls are burnt into my screen!!!!

tearfalls

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Got to disagree on the color and blacks, I was really chagrinned because I thought the Lumia display would be better and sorry to say it is not even close... I wanted so for the Lumia display to be at least on par but truly not in the same league.

Further I did not think that burn-in would ever be a problem with AMOLED screens but I am SO WORNG... the Pandora controls are burnt into my screen!!!!

Everybody has his own preference. To me, AMOLED and pure black are way more important than brightness. I like Plasma TV way more than LCD too. So I find apple 5s' screen is really ****ty and unbearable. Again, it's just a matter of preference.

nokia6300

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Everybody has his own preference. To me, AMOLED and pure black are way more important than brightness. I like Plasma TV way more than LCD too. So I find apple 5s' screen is really ****ty and unbearable. Again, it's just a matter of preference.
i agree but my comparison is with the iphone4 and lumia 620. when reading black text on white background the Lumia 620 is way easier on the eyes. a lot warmer. iphone4 has a blue hue to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes