Black Update Radio Option: Not What I Expected

Arsynic

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Radio is now an option in Xbox Music but it doesn't work like the "proper version." It tells me to drag music there to create a radio station. Is it this way for everyone else?

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
that is only on the xbox music app not xbox music in the music and video hub which it sounds like we are losing when the 8.1 update comes out

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not exactly sure what you were expecting or what you mean by "proper version," but the Radio option in Xbox Music is not FM Radio. That feature is not supported on the 928 because either Verizon or Nokia decided to leave the required hardware out. The Radio option in Xbox Music is more like Pandora or Slacker Radio. To use it, go to an artist in your collection or search for one in the store. When you're on the artist's page, you'll see a button on the bottom that looks like a Play button--that's the radio button. The store will automatically create a playlist of similar artists. I think in the Zune days it was called Smart DJ. Once you've made a radio playlist from an artist, you can select "Radio" from the main screen of Xbox Music to return quickly play a new radio playlist for that same artist. I don't think you can create a station for a new artist from the radio screen; it has to be done from the artist's screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon