928 Broken. Now What?

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
My 928 is broken, earpiece does not work. So now I am stuck on where to go and need suggestions. Overall, I enjoy the phone, but the things I value such as camera are slow. (I also now run the latest WM10 Preview and while it is ok, it is not as responsive as I want.

With WM10 around the corner and no options on Verizon, will the Icon be faster? More stable? I am pretty sure due to current speed I won't get a 928. My only other option will be Android LG G4 mainly because they are cheap (I am not an iFan), but trying to avoid the android route.

Any suggestions? Good camera and ability to run W10 is important so I guess that really just leaves the Icon for now.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The question is I suppose are you willing to switch providers?

If not, the Icon with the preview build may be your only option for now if you don't want the android route.

It's a pity the US market is so backwards compared to every where else; where we have the freedom of just changing a sim and away we go.

Rainman1718

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Broke my screen the other day on my 928. Did not know what to do. I am not going to quit Verizon until I know for sure they wont get 950 or the Surface phone in the future. Read all of the forums. Looked at the Icon & 735 Verizon offers. I found a NEW 928 at Walmart online for $104. Its still a great phone & will last me until I decide what to do with windows phone & Verizon.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Amazon has replacement screens for about $60. That is the route I plan to go. Can ONLY use Verizon my my area, so that is my cheapest option.

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Amazon has replacement screens for about $60. That is the route I plan to go. Can ONLY use Verizon my my area, so that is my cheapest option.

If you want they are brand new white box on EBay for $87, and $105 at walmart.com. I am still probably going to get an icon how we and hope for the best. 928 hardware is just too old imho.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
My 928 has recently developed an issue where the touchscreen stops accepting input. I'm really not sure if it's hardware or software. I was waiting to see if AT&T would be getting the 950XL so that I could get it on the NEXT plan but I might just have to go with the 950.
Since I'm a Directv customer and Verizon is such a droid ho, I'm going to take advantage of Directv/AT&T's offer to move all 7 of my family's devices over to AT&T. For the areas I'm in, AT&T's coverage is better than Verizon's anyway.

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
How is your Icon? I'm in a similar position as you were - my 928 has developed a serious problem and I don't want to leave Verizon. I'm deciding between an Icon and a 735. Camera is important so I'm leaning towards an Icon but the 735 is newer hardware.

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
How is your Icon? I'm in a similar position as you were - my 928 has developed a serious problem and I don't want to leave Verizon. I'm deciding between an Icon and a 735. Camera is important so I'm leaning towards an Icon but the 735 is newer hardware.

My icon is doing great on 10 and the 20mp camera still takes great photos...

One thing of note.. I've done the upgrade to ten with a hard reset and I lose auto screen brightness and sunlight readability features and hey Cortana did not work.

Edit** I forgot to add that after hard reset the camera also was not up to snuff.. Grainy pics and low light was horrible.. Rolling back to 8.1 and upgrading to ten without a hard reset put everything back on track though.. Stock camera app is not as good as Lumia camera yet though. Edit**

I rolled back to 8.1 and did a upgrade without the hard reset and these features work great... So this is where I stay at present hehe..

You will like the icon on the latest build, it feels like a brand new phone...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3