09-20-2014 09:54 AM
1,195 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Why on earth would italy get it first?
    Western Europe will always get it first. Most of the time, its Germany, followed by France and Britain. This time for a change of football fever, they decided to choose Italy.
    06-21-2014 12:38 AM
    Cyberport in Germany has had the 19th of June as delivery date for a while - that was just updated to 10th of July. *sigh*
    lame... just got an email from Cyberport telling me i will now get the N930 on 11th July.

i was willing and kinda excited to jump back to Windows Mobile but this launch (or lack of) has put a break on it for a while. i just cancelled my preorder.

i have a lot of apps that i use for my business and personal time which Windows Mobile doesn't have yet but i was willing to make sacrifices but now i couldn't give a s**t.

i hope Microsoft/Nokia do a better launch next time, just some simple communications with its customers would be appreciated (actual launch dates or updates). I would of expected better from such companies

was looking at the N1520 for a while but it's just too big for my preference although in general i really like the device's looks/profile/specs.

Anyway im punching out like a fighter pilot.
    06-21-2014 12:45 AM
    today i searched ins_tagram for lumia930 tag, and there were plenty photos of it in hands of developers and review-ers!! Damn its incredibly handsome
    dont know why MS do this sh_it strategy, i hate them.
    Im thinking of 1520 or sadly one lag-droid flagship, cuz cant wait any more.
    wish i had b_ought that 925 7 month ago instead of waiting for new flagship!
    06-21-2014 03:26 AM
    lame... just got an email from Cyberport telling me i will now get the N930 on 11th July.

i was willing and kinda excited to jump back to Windows Mobile but this launch (or lack of) has put a break on it for a while. i just cancelled my preorder.

i have a lot of apps that i use for my business and personal time which Windows Mobile doesn't have yet but i was willing to make sacrifices but now i couldn't give a s**t.

i hope Microsoft/Nokia do a better launch next time, just some simple communications with its customers would be appreciated (actual launch dates or updates). I would of expected better from such companies

was looking at the N1520 for a while but it's just too big for my preference although in general i really like the device's looks/profile/specs.

Anyway im punching out like a fighter pilot.
    Windows PHONE.
    Narathan and SRMoore like this.
    06-21-2014 04:50 AM
    I've been eyeballing this thread for a while and I can't help but to wonder why are there so many people being overly dramatic about launching of this phone? Is this the first launch you've been closely involved in? Cos none of this feels in any way specific to the 930 or even rare to launches in general.

People are seriously thinking about buying another phone that they don't want that much cos they can't wait 3 weeks? That has to be the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time :P

Given, I have no immediate plans on buying this, so I guess much chill attitude is cos of that, but I've waited the likes of N8 and 920 so very anxiously and while I don't think those launches were that different from this (I'm pretty sure I waited longer for those after announcement), I can't recall anyone ever being so dramatic over either of those two phones as some people are here for the 930.
    06-21-2014 05:19 AM
    I was thinking exactly the same. I'm such a impatient person, but still I'm able to wait. I'm checking every 930 related website 10000 times per day, but I would not cancel my preorder just because I have to wait. Sometimes it is like that and you can't do anything about it.
    And my current phone isn't just from last year and I want a new phone every year. Still heaving my iPhone 3GS, that I bought 5 years ago and it lags as hell.
    06-21-2014 05:43 AM
    There are many factors involved.

First, this one is taking more than any other models from Nokia. The 920, for example, was a 2 months wait. This one is almost 3 months and it may very well go beyond that.

Second, it's just stupid that this specific model is taking so long, considering that it has already been launched in the US (LUMIA ICON) in Fabruary. It's just hard to explain why the international version is only coming mid July.

Third, the industry is getting more and more competitive. If you want to be among the best you have to be at least as good as them. And, as I said before, Apple usually takes only 2 weeks to release a phone after its announcement. Samsung is usually 4 weeks. You can't compare yourself to the worst. If you want to be the best you shouldn't need more than 4 weeks to release your products. This one is already 10 weeks or so.

Forth, it's the disrespect to your loyal customers. You don't say in the announcement that you will take 2 months to release your phone and than you take 3 months to release it without providing any explanation for that 1 month delay.
    thatuxguy likes this.
    06-21-2014 06:11 AM
    I've been eyeballing this thread for a while and I can't help but to wonder why are there so many people being overly dramatic about launching of this phone? Is this the first launch you've been closely involved in? Cos none of this feels in any way specific to the 930 or even rare to launches in general.

People are seriously thinking about buying another phone that they don't want that much cos they can't wait 3 weeks? That has to be the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time :P

Given, I have no immediate plans on buying this, so I guess much chill attitude is cos of that, but I've waited the likes of N8 and 920 so very anxiously and while I don't think those launches were that different from this (I'm pretty sure I waited longer for those after announcement), I can't recall anyone ever being so dramatic over either of those two phones as some people are here for the 930.
    Ditto - and as I've said before, its just a phone that will be upgraded by us all in 18 months!!!
    06-21-2014 07:02 AM
    Ditto - and as I've said before, its just a phone that will be upgraded by us all in 18 months!!!
    I typically upgrade every 2 years, though :P Which is part of the reason I won't get 930 at launch, my 920 turns two years in november.
    06-21-2014 07:26 AM
    I typically upgrade every 2 years, though :P Which is part of the reason I won't get 930 at launch, my 920 turns two years in november.
    I've had my 920 since Feb 2012, so I'm ready to change, but an extra week or month wont make the slightest bit of difference to me... and I am self confessed tech crazy!!!
    06-21-2014 08:53 AM
    At the moment I am very happy with my new Lumia 1020. I must test the battery because it seems little bit buggy =/ and I got a AT&T from amazon (i live in Germany).

But i dont know if I would change it against the L930.
    06-21-2014 11:06 AM
    I've had my 920 since Feb 2012, so I'm ready to change, but an extra week or month wont make the slightest bit of difference to me... and I am self confessed tech crazy!!!
    The 920 was launched in November 2012, so you probably have it since February 2013 :P
    06-21-2014 11:34 AM
    The 920 was launched in November 2012, so you probably have it since February 2013 :P
    Ah yes you're quite correct - typo from me
    poiman likes this.
    06-21-2014 12:24 PM
    Will the 930 be available in the us?

Sent from Seattle
    06-22-2014 02:45 AM
    There are many factors involved.

First, this one is taking more than any other models from Nokia. The 920, for example, was a 2 months wait. This one is almost 3 months and it may very well go beyond that.

Second, it's just stupid that this specific model is taking so long, considering that it has already been launched in the US (LUMIA ICON) in Fabruary. It's just hard to explain why the international version is only coming mid July.

Third, the industry is getting more and more competitive. If you want to be among the best you have to be at least as good as them. And, as I said before, Apple usually takes only 2 weeks to release a phone after its announcement. Samsung is usually 4 weeks. You can't compare yourself to the worst. If you want to be the best you shouldn't need more than 4 weeks to release your products. This one is already 10 weeks or so.

Forth, it's the disrespect to your loyal customers. You don't say in the announcement that you will take 2 months to release your phone and than you take 3 months to release it without providing any explanation for that 1 month delay.
    February
    06-22-2014 02:48 AM
    End of June, begin of July ... seriously, it really doesn't matter. If it would be end of the year all of a sudden, of course, I'd cancel too, but 2 or 3 more weeks don't make this phone any less desirable.

Of course I understand the frustration, after all, I waited for this phone for years. I'm still with a Lumia 800 as none of the previous phones had all I wanted. The 1020 was damn close, but I just couldn't get over the fact I would spend € 800 on a phone of that size that still has no wireless charging built in.

The Icon was near perfect then, and as it comes to Europe as the 930 it's the obvious choice. It looks great albeit it comes with a iPhony aluminium frame that makes it very vulnerable to scratches compared to bodies made entirely of polycarbonate (after all those years, the 800 has its damaged edges too, but compared to which crashes this phone survived, it still looks almost new) and the camera might not be as great as the one in the 1020 - but it will do as a all-day replacement for carrying around my DSLR just fine. Everything else is fine and I think I can wait for another 3 years and still won't find a phone that really does everything I want 100 % perfect - so the 930 is it.

AND I'M REALLY, ABSOLUTELY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT LIKE CRAZY ... everyday I think about my little package, somewhere out there in this vast, amazing world, just waiting to be delivered to me. I seriously can't wait. And as much as I too hate Nokia and MS for announcing things that are months away instead of releasing them only a few weeks later, and even then they don't make it in the announced timeframe - it's just a few more weeks. This phone will be worth it.

I'll be damned if I cancel my preorder now.
    06-22-2014 12:42 PM
    ... everyday I think about my little package
    fair enough.. yes its only a few weeks until the release apparently (has Nokia or Microsoft confirmed that???) but as mentioned previously I'm currently using IOS and Android and are happy with that. I had a N920 and sold it pretty quickly (lack of battery life for me was a killer) but was thinking of jumping back to Windows Phone.

For me a lot of the apps i use today in IOS and Android don't exist for Windows Phone or their is only bad 3rd party options that don't seem to have the quality. So really it was a step backwards for me in some areas but I'm sure one day this won't be the case. But anyway i was borderline if i would try Windows Phone again and bother with the trouble of migrating etc. this launch or lack of was the final thing that stopped me from doing it.

Also i use MAC OS and the upcoming IOS integration like Handover really looks good
    06-22-2014 12:58 PM
    I was in a Local O2 store in the uk today and they reckon mid July for the launch of it. One of the guys was really clued up on it which made it even better. Pretty stoked for this phone it just ticks all the right buttons. Even if I have to wait a few more months my refresh account is just waiting for it.

Gonna keep my 1020 as a spare phone and use the 930 daily, O2's reps are really pushing WP sales which is great to see and can only be a big plus with the uk adoption rate.
    06-22-2014 01:02 PM
    I was in a Local O2 store in the uk today and they reckon mid July for the launch of it. One of the guys was really clued up on it which made it even better. Pretty stoked for this phone it just ticks all the right buttons. Even if I have to wait a few more months my refresh account is just waiting for it.

Gonna keep my 1020 as a spare phone and use the 930 daily, O2's reps are really pushing WP sales which is great to see and can only be a big plus with the uk adoption rate.
    That's if it ever comes out. Just slips and slips and here we are coming to the end of June and the release dates are still speculated, nothing confirmed anywhere.
    06-22-2014 01:16 PM
    I was in local Vodafone shop today and no news there either as to when it is coming.

I have a theory that maybe its being held back to tie in with formal release of 8.1 and the release of Cortana in the UK, so it is fully functioning as soon as its released.
    06-22-2014 01:27 PM
    That's if it ever comes out. Just slips and slips and here we are coming to the end of June and the release dates are still speculated, nothing confirmed anywhere.
    Well, plenty of markets in Europe already have a confirmed release date. About UK I do't know, though.
    06-22-2014 02:27 PM
    Well, plenty of markets in Europe already have a confirmed release date. About UK I do't know, though.
    which is?
    06-22-2014 02:42 PM
    There is no confirmed dates from Nokia/Microsoft anywhere across Europe or any other region. It's all retailer/press speculation.
    06-22-2014 03:26 PM
    There is no confirmed dates from Nokia/Microsoft anywhere across Europe or any other region. It's all retailer/press speculation.
    There is confirmation from Nokia in their russian online store. In Moscow Lumia 930 will be avaliable in June 30. And as I said earlier, local retailer have a date June 29. Have to wait for a week.
    maverick786us and thatuxguy like this.
    06-23-2014 05:27 AM
    There is confirmation from Nokia in their russian online store. In Moscow Lumia 930 will be avaliable in June 30. And as I said earlier, local retailer have a date June 29. Have to wait for a week.
    can you please post the link to the nokia russian date confirmation. just tried looking but couldn't find it (my russian is pretty bad) thanks
    maverick786us likes this.
    06-23-2014 05:54 AM
1,195 ... 1314151617 ...