Developer preview on 930...

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I just read some news somewhere that when Cortana first hits the UK it will be via the developer preview (not the full release).
Is this correct? Anyone else installed the DP on a 930 yet?
I installed the app, but haven't let it update yet. Also,I had my Lumia 920 developer unlocked and never had an issue.

I suppose I am unsure because this is a brand new handset lol 😁

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
No, it's not correct.
First of all, 930 has the newest version of WP8.1, so it's not necessary to install the DP.
Secondly, as far as was reported, you will automatically get Cortana, you will not even get an update. Everything will be made from the cloud.
The only things you need to be sure about, set the region to UK and language to English (UK) on your phone.

Hope you're enjoying the device ;)

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
No, it's not correct.
First of all, 930 has the newest version of WP8.1, so it's not necessary to install the DP.
Secondly, as far as was reported, you will automatically get Cortana, you will not even get an update. Everything will be made from the cloud.
The only things you need to be sure about, set the region to UK and language to English (UK) on your phone.

Hope you're enjoying the device ;)

I think the DP has now surpassed the version of the ordinary 8.1. In theory, they dev preview devices should always be at least one update ahead of normal users.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I think the DP has now surpassed the version of the ordinary 8.1. In theory, they dev preview devices should always be at least one update ahead of normal users.

Normally yes, but there was only 1 update (12400 build), and actually not so much people did get it, since it was pulled out (I got it very quickly, but a lot of people didn't).
Microsoft didn't report about this update either (FYI Joe Belfiore was reporting before about all of updates on 8.1 DP).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes