Search By Date using Cortana?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

When I use the search feature either by Cortana or choosing to search I get Bing results. But no options. I like to search by date a lot to get the latest and greatest.

Do I have this option?

Asking Cortana to search by date does not work.

Thanks,

Mr. V

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure that's possible yet. Although, it would be a good idea to send that feedback to the Cortana team

Cortana Feedback

What are you searching for? If it's news, there's a tab to "See More News" which gives you relatively new information on the subject and you can have Cortana "keep you updated", if that helps.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I do a lot of the same searches based off date - almost like RSS. I want the latest info.

For example before buying my Lumia 930 I would search for Lumia 930 and search by date to see the latest news. Otherwise by relevancy I would get specs from GMS or Phonearena.

Sometimes I will search for a medical article, but I want some previous date - so I might say 'from last year' to find it. I may not want the most 'relevant' weighted result. Be great if Cortana could do this for me....

Thanks,

Mr. V

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I think Cortana would be using Bing search services behind the scenes and searching by date was something that was purposely removed from Bing a couple of years ago, much to my dismay. I think now Bing tries to be intelligent by ordering results by newest first when searching for particular topics (like news) but really allowing us full control would be much more useful. Anyway I hope they bring it back for Bing & Cortana.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes