Internet Sharing working first time, enabling second time doesn't work.

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else starting experiencing this problem. I can't recall exactly when it started but it wasn't too long ago, possibly since last update a month ago. If I enable internet sharing the first time, it works fine. I can connect devices and there are no issues. If I disable it and then re-enable it, it says connecting for about 30 seconds and then just stops, and doesn't turn on. I've kept trying and also turned on flight mode and a few other things to try trigger it to work again, but the only way I can get it to work again is to restart the phone which is a little frustrating because I use it often.

Anyone else with this issue? I'm assuming it could get fixed in an FW update.

UPDATE: I'm not having the issue at the moment. Seems to be working fine. Haven't changed anything so that was odd

Last edited:

dnmartin98

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
L920 user here and I have had a similar issue at times. It seems to either resolve itself or a restart has fixed it. I've often wondered if it is a service provider glitch that causes it to happen.....Cheers,DavidM

Ricardo Dawkins

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I cant believe that after the update to Denim from Verizon my Lumia 822 internet sharing does not work!!!

Here is the matter:
When I enable Internet Sharing on the phone it just hangs on the setting. The switch grays out and never connects. This issue happened before Denim but it was resolved just by restarting the phone. Now that doesn't even work!

These type of issues are an embarrassment to Windows Phone and quite shameful. How the heck does Microsoft expects their platform to grow with these type of issues ??? We wait all year for Cyan and expect this type of bugs on Denim.

My Lumia 1520 will be my last phone with Windows Phone if these types of issues continue in the next two years!!!

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
That, almost certainly, is a problem with Verizon and their firmware in the phone.

Fred

I cant believe that after the update to Denim from Verizon my Lumia 822 internet sharing does not work!!!

Here is the matter:
When I enable Internet Sharing on the phone it just hangs on the setting. The switch grays out and never connects. This issue happened before Denim but it was resolved just by restarting the phone. Now that doesn't even work!

These type of issues are an embarrassment to Windows Phone and quite shameful. How the heck does Microsoft expects their platform to grow with these type of issues ??? We wait all year for Cyan and expect this type of bugs on Denim.

My Lumia 1520 will be my last phone with Windows Phone if these types of issues continue in the next two years!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3