OTA Update for flashed phones?

Julian_C

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
When I flash a ROM (denim) from a different country, will I get future updates or am I stuck on it? (except to reflash it again and loosing all data again...) Or is there any way to change the product code to "switch"?

thank you very much

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
When I flash a ROM (denim) from a different country, will I get future updates or am I stuck on it? (except to reflash it again and loosing all data again...) Or is there any way to change the product code to "switch"?

thank you very much

When you flash a different ROM to your phone you will get the updates when that particular ROM gets them.

Julian_C

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
so if I flash the finnish CV ROM (which usually gets the updates first) I always receive the updates earlier?

I mean: won't there be any conflicts in terms of having a different product code and a different rom when the OTA checks the product code?

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
so if I flash the finnish CV ROM (which usually gets the updates first) I always receive the updates earlier?

I mean: won't there be any conflicts in terms of having a different product code and a different rom when the OTA checks the product code?

There won't be any conflicts. If you flash the Finnish ROM you will get updates when that Finnish ROM gets them.

In fact, This is exactly what I did in order to cut the Denim waiting time and I have zero issues with this ROM.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
You not always get updates earlier . Now denim was first realised in Finland. But with cyan Finland was not the first. So it is not known in which country emerald will be released first.
And for the other part lots of people already flashed the rom and got the Denim update so that should not be the problem.

Julian_C

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
So do you know maybe another country which is usually one of the early adopters?
Thank you I just wanted to know if I will geat Lumia E (successor of denim) then via OTA :)

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
No idea which country will get E the first. But if you know how to flash you can do it when E is coming. I am not a fan of flashing. I use P4D so I get the OS updated earlier and just wait on the firmware updates.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Let's face it, with OneDrive and device backups, why are you worried about "losing anything" by flashing? :)

If you're in a big enough hurry to get an update that you're willing to flash once, why would you object to flashing again later?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes