03-29-2015 02:43 AM
46 12
tools
    I got a 930 about a week ago and am very glad I did. Everything about it looks, feels and performs "flagship". On Denim speed is great, camera is fantastic. I for one don't think there will be a newer Win 10 Flagship out soon. At the earliest September and buying it outright will be expensive for a while after that. The specs of the 930 will be able to handle any new OS.

No overheating problems and with OneDrive the 32 GB are more than enough for me. I've been loading it up with programs to use and try and still have 23.8 GB left.
    01-29-2015 01:06 PM
    I received mine late Tuesday and have been on it literally all day. On it right now. No overheating issue here at all. The only time it was even warm was when I was loading everything and that's to be expected.

I've owned almost every WP and this thing just might be the best....seriously. I got a orange Hong Kong variant but running Denim on TMO here in US. Gave up my 1020 that I wasn't in love with. Best decision ever!

I was skeptical about the orange at first but it rocks! I don't get why sine have died this phone. It's the perfect balance between the two icons... The 1520 and the 920. Simply beautiful!
    Axeelant and gordonfink like this.
    01-29-2015 08:19 PM
    Well, don't ask such question again, especially I just bought one yesterday........lol
    01-31-2015 05:16 AM
    I just took the dive again. I'm really tired of the LG g3.... Not because of the hardware, because it's awesome. But rather because it is sooooooo boring! I need something new! Going back to Windows phone ^_^
    02-01-2015 02:34 PM
    Lol! That's exactly what I did. I had a G3 and it is a nice phone, but I always loved Windows Phone so decided to sell the G3 and bought a black 930.
    02-01-2015 03:00 PM
    Lol! That's exactly what I did. I had a G3 and it is a nice phone, but I always loved Windows Phone so decided to sell the G3 and bought a black 930.
    I got myself a green one :) hehe. I had a white one last time, and I was thinking about getting it in white again, but then I saw that Amazon had taken it down because of issues from people returning it. So I got a green one imported from Amazon from another country! Hopefully this time it won't overheat ^.^ I can't wait for it to come, so I can send my G3 back!
    02-01-2015 04:36 PM
    When Nokia is an American company now we have to get used to new phones are in Europe 6 months after US. I guess new flagship will be presented in May. It might be on US market in fall and in Europe in late 2015 or early 2016. It depends how long you are ready to wait, but I think in electronics does not make sence to wait more than 3 months.

This is area in Microsoft can improve. Anybody do not know when new device will be ready and when it is announced, nobody knows when it will be available (outside US).
    Nokia is not an American company.
    02-11-2015 02:10 PM
    He meant that it's an American company, now that Microsoft owns Nokia.
    02-11-2015 02:55 PM
    No sense in waiting. You won't see a flagship till summer. Just sell the 930 when it comes out :)
    Timbre70 likes this.
    02-11-2015 08:44 PM
    He meant that it's an American company, now that Microsoft owns Nokia.
    Nokia is a Finnish communications and information technology company.
    Nokia sold ONLY it's mobile phone business to Microsoft. Microsoft does not own Nokia.
    Please educate yourself.
    02-11-2015 11:56 PM
    Nokia is a Finnish communications and information technology company.
    Nokia sold ONLY it's mobile phone business to Microsoft. Microsoft does not own Nokia.
    Please educate yourself.

Wow. You got all that from Wikipedia. Good for you.
    I know it's a Finnish company. I was just telling you what he meant by that.
    02-12-2015 02:22 AM
    Wow. You got all that from Wikipedia. Good for you.
    I know it's a Finnish company. I was just telling you what he meant by that.
    I do not need to use Wikipedia to know basic stuff about Nokia.
    I was just telling you that his (and yours) meaning is wrong.
    02-12-2015 06:00 AM
    I know several people have already answered to this one but just ordered one, should get it tomorrow. Lost my L920 that had served me a good 2+ years (got it right when it was available) so went with the obvious upgrade.

About the new flagship, yes, that could be announced at the Build again but it probably won't be available until July/August so not gonna wait that far, and since I managed just fine with the 920 this long, I'm sure the 930 will serve me well for the next 2 years.
    02-12-2015 10:25 AM
    A guy is selling his 930 (black) or changing it for a s5, should I change my s5 for a 930 or should I wait WIN10 devices to return?
    02-15-2015 12:33 AM
    its about 2 weeks i have bought my 930,the green one,it s too sexy :) ,i found it a real flagship,love it
    02-27-2015 02:22 AM
    A guy is selling his 930 (black) or changing it for a s5, should I change my s5 for a 930 or should I wait WIN10 devices to return?
    Where I live, nobody is trading with the S5. I would love to trade my new S5 with a Lumia 930.
    02-27-2015 04:24 AM
    Where I live, nobody is trading with the S5. I would love to trade my new S5 with a Lumia 930.
    Where do you live?, I'm from Mexico and there is barely 930's here, they are as rare as a honest politician; anyways, the guy who wanted to trade it is an *****, he told me it was like brand new but I insisted him to send me good pictures of it and surprise surprise!, 2 giant dents on the bezel (very noticeable since the 930 was all black). Got myself a second S5 in better condition and with tons of accessories and I think I'll wait for another flagship form WP, I used a Z1 in the past and experienced some issues with the snapdragon 800.
    03-01-2015 01:39 AM
    Apart from the OS, the L930s are a downgrade from the Galaxy S5 tbh.
    03-01-2015 03:12 AM
    Apart from the OS, the L930s are a downgrade from the Galaxy S5 tbh.
    That's in terms of hardware, except for the camera. The 930's camera is second to none as a camera phone for this generation.

Now, in terms of "specifications" it's all relative. I mean, yes, the S5 has great hardware, but Android OS require a lot more specifications to keep a semi-fluid OS. TouchWiz has a lot of lag, due to all the bloat they include. So yes, it needs to be "more powerful" even though people could debate the difference between the 800 vs 801 (take a look here). It's not a big jump. So it's not like night and day. And I'm sure people with the 805 processor can gab a Lumia and say "Wow, that's so fluid, what is it? An 805 or 810?"

I can honestly say I've never had such a fluid experience with a device. 0 lags. More than a month with the device. All fluid and great experiences, 0 crashes. I CAN'T say the same about my Android phones. I mean, Android is great! But if you're going to say that the L930 is "inferior" or "worse" than the S5 based on specs. I'd argue that the 930 wins in EVERY aspect on user experience, except for apps I suppose. And even in specs, the 930 wins in internal storage and camera and probably volume. I haven't had an S5, but 930 has great volume and sound (as long as it's under 25 of the 30 possible).

I mean, I went from the G3 which had higher capacity battery, screen, more RAM, same internal storage, slimmer profile, higher density screen, etc. to the 930 and 1520... For a reason it must be, right? :)

Kind regards.
    Kent.
    Chris Wayne2 likes this.
    03-01-2015 03:28 AM
    Wait will be my advice as a new flagship is definitely round the corner... Might fill the gaps like glance and sd card too

Sent from my NOKIA 1520 using Tapatalk
    03-09-2015 05:26 AM
    That's in terms of hardware, except for the camera. The 930's camera is second to none as a camera phone for this generation.

Now, in terms of "specifications" it's all relative. I mean, yes, the S5 has great hardware, but Android OS require a lot more specifications to keep a semi-fluid OS. TouchWiz has a lot of lag, due to all the bloat they include. So yes, it needs to be "more powerful" even though people could debate the difference between the 800 vs 801 (take a look here). It's not a big jump. So it's not like night and day. And I'm sure people with the 805 processor can gab a Lumia and say "Wow, that's so fluid, what is it? An 805 or 810?"

I can honestly say I've never had such a fluid experience with a device. 0 lags. More than a month with the device. All fluid and great experiences, 0 crashes. I CAN'T say the same about my Android phones. I mean, Android is great! But if you're going to say that the L930 is "inferior" or "worse" than the S5 based on specs. I'd argue that the 930 wins in EVERY aspect on user experience, except for apps I suppose. And even in specs, the 930 wins in internal storage and camera and probably volume. I haven't had an S5, but 930 has great volume and sound (as long as it's under 25 of the 30 possible).

I mean, I went from the G3 which had higher capacity battery, screen, more RAM, same internal storage, slimmer profile, higher density screen, etc. to the 930 and 1520... For a reason it must be, right? :)

Kind regards.
    Kent.
    Is not that I don't like the Snapdragon 800 for its power, I don't like it for how power hungry it is and given that the 930 has only a 2420 mAh battery keeps me from getting it. Oh and about the fluidity on android under the 801, you are totally right; my s5 was as fluid as it can get when fresh but now after more than a month there is lag here and there, always need to close apps, have to use ccleaner often, etc...
    03-29-2015 02:43 AM
46 12