Lumia 930 imparting colour to the phone cover

Gautam Kabiraj

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!

I've been using a Lumia 930 (green) and use a transparent case (I hate opaque) for over 4 months now, and a few days back I noticed something unusual on my phone cover. Here's what I saw:

IMG-20150208-WA0002.jpg
WP_20150208_17_02_49_Pro.jpg
WP_20150208_17_03_09_Pro.jpg

As you can see, it's imparting the back cover's colour to the phone case. Of course, it's not a big issue but what's bothering me is that, the colour is visible exactly at the region from where heat is usually emitted from this phone, particularly, i.e, bottom-right. What would you suggest me to do? And also, what's your view on using phones without cases? Personally, I love to use the phone naked but then the fear to drop it worries me a lot :grincry: ... especially this heavy phone, not sure if it can survive a drop from a small height...

Vlada Nehez

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
It could definitely be from the heat.
I actually use all my phones naked. I don't like cases and always taking my phone out of them. Or even those silicone ones. They just make the phone ugly. You just have to be careful. But yes, accidents do happen.

JaniM

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Same here, I've never used a case in any of my phones. Besides, that aluminium frame is supposed to work as a heatsink dissipating heat to surrounding air. If that's blocked the phone will heat more so instead of protecting, those covers can actually cause more damage to the insides.

Romanissima

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Well u know 930 does heat a lot, so there is not much u can do, i sometimes use a case but most of the time naked, and thats the reason i got lumia coz they come colorful.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Consider the Nokia made CP-637 case. It is designed for your 930 and offers pretty good protection for your screen. It is designed so that the aluminium frame of your phone is even more cooling than normal as your hand obstructs it less. Plus it comes in colours to match your phone.

Gautam Kabiraj

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
"Consider the Nokia made CP-637 case. It is designed for your 930 and offers pretty good protection for your screen. It is designed so that the aluminium frame of your phone is even more cooling than normal as your hand obstructs it less. Plus it comes in colours to match your phone. "

Thanks for your suggestion! I'll try to find that cover if it's available here (if I find I'm not okay with using the phone without one).

Gautam Kabiraj

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Same here, I've never used a case in any of my phones. Besides, that aluminium frame is supposed to work as a heatsink dissipating heat to surrounding air. If that's blocked the phone will heat more so instead of protecting, those covers can actually cause more damage to the insides.

That's exactly what I'm worried about. It may damage more to the inside than protect from the outside. I've used the phone for 2 days in sequel (including today) and I guess I can use the phone naked by caring a bit more than I did earlier.

JaniM

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
That's exactly what I'm worried about. It may damage more to the inside than protect from the outside. I've used the phone for 2 days in sequel (including today) and I guess I can use the phone naked by caring a bit more than I did earlier.

But be adviced, I've had my 930 few weeks now and the back cover is already a little scratched from being on a table for time to time. Back cover is easy to replace though so I'm not considering it a problem, but somenone might.

Gautam Kabiraj

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
But be adviced, I've had my 930 few weeks now and the back cover is already a little scratched from being on a table for time to time. Back cover is easy to replace though so I'm not considering it a problem, but somenone might.

Thanks for the tip, mate. Will take care of that. I've always been careful to my phones (for a matter of a funny fact, my backup device, a 2 y.o Lumia 520 still looks brand new just because of excessive-care provided by a cover and me, lol). But I understand, I have to be more careful as I've neva used a phone naked before. About the back, you're right, it's easily replaceable from market, in case it get's scratched somehow! :cool:

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I find the black backs show minor scratches easily, as well as smears. The black coating on the frame will probably wear with time as well. Any other colour is preferable if you want it to keep looking good. I recommend the orange or white models, but that's because I have the green and the less people buy that one the cooler I look.

Another plus about the Nokia made flip case for the 930 is that you can easily remove the phone for naked use in the home (or in your underpants or whatever, I'm not judging). You can also wirelessly charge with the case on. Once you see it you'll understand why it won't overheat your phone. Nokia designed it to look after their last hurrah, and they were a savvy bunch.

Other cases are, of course, best considered on a case by case basis. Just incase.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes