Looking to upgrade my wife's old L820 to something a lot better. I never paid attention to the L930 as technically it was never released here in the states. Now that I'm looking for a new phone, it's on my radar. What I don't know is if it will play nicely with AT&T's LTE network. I've never had an unlocked phone before so I don't know what else will/won't work properly (eg will it still get updates, etc). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    02-09-2015 10:58 AM
    You will get HSPA speeds that's it. Here in Canada, Rogers expanded their LTE to include 2600 MHz band and I can get LTE in those areas. I don't believe ATT offers that band for LTE so you will have to be happy with 3G/HSPA. Have you looked at the 1520 as well. I had both and I much prefered the 1520
    02-09-2015 11:11 AM
    That is what I am using. You won't get LTE data, as stated above, but everything else is ready to go right out of the box. Put in your sim, and that's it.
    02-09-2015 11:42 AM
    It'll work perfectly (may need MMS or something configured, but that's a nonissue) except for no LTE.

Updates will come straight from MS if its unbranded, which it probably is if its not locked to a carrier, meaning it is probably faster than carriers, like AT&T who add an additional step in the release process.
    02-09-2015 12:04 PM
    Hello guys,

I'm due for an upgrade in April ..currently using L920 ..I'm leaning towards an unlocked L930 until a flagship gets released (so they say in the summer). I have some questions

an L930 on ATT, of course I wont get LTE but i'll get something in HSPA+ in Orlando, FL ..but I'm mostly on Wi-Fi at home & work

Does Cortana function normal?
    Will I drop any calls?
    Will messaging funtion normal?
    just basic things I want to know
    02-09-2015 07:29 PM
    I had a 930 for a few weeks (I'm on AT&T) before I sent it back.
    No problems at all running on AT&T. No LTE, but you already are aware of that.
    Here in Tucson, AZ I get 10~13mps on the AT&T HSPA+ network.
    Everything worked fine on AT&T with the 930, messaging, mms, Cortana, internet teathing, etc.
    The 930 itself had all the common problems that have been talked about so I sent it back.

:)
    Fred

Hello guys,

I'm due for an upgrade in April ..currently using L920 ..I'm leaning towards an unlocked L930 until a flagship gets released (so they say in the summer). I have some questions

an L930 on ATT, of course I wont get LTE but i'll get something in HSPA+ in Orlando, FL ..but I'm mostly on Wi-Fi at home & work

Will I drop any calls?
    02-09-2015 10:46 PM
    Hello guys,

Will I drop any calls?
    Cortana functions normally, as long as you set your phone's region settings right.
    Dropped calls are not a major issue I have seen in this, or most any phone.
    Messaging will be no different than an AT&T phone. May need a setting changed, but no biggie.

The 930 does have its own defects that are more common, but the odds are that you'll get a good device. Just be sure you have an escape plan, just like with any phone. (since every phone model has its bad apples)
    02-10-2015 10:34 AM