Can the 930 take advantage of the Qualcomm quickcharge technology thanks to its chipset?

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I know the Lumia 930 theoretically has this ability, as other phones with the same hardware do.

But has it got it enabled? Do you need to buy a special charger for this to work?

I use the wireless charger that comes packaged with the phone and it certainly doesn't charge "50% in 30 mins" or whatever the quick charge tech claims to be able to do..

Thanks

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
The HTC M8 has this function on Android but it doesn't work on the windows version. You do need a special turbo charger but since it's not listed in the 930 specs I doubt it works there either.

AhmadSorour

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Actually I don't have a 930...and I haven't tried that too, but I heard and I read before in some posts here in WC that you need to buy a specific charger to be able to use that service... I hope that I could help you :)

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes the 930 (and other phones) has Qualcomm Quick Charge 2, this came with the Cyan update in 930/1520. Unfortunately there are NO chargers in the UK/Europe that support this yet so it is utterly useless, charger must support Quick Charge 2 so-called "turbo chargers" are no use. Motorola make one in the USA (link below) but there are no plans for a release in UK/Europe at present according to their UK office.

Motorola Turbo Charger

UPDATE

Found this in Amazon UK (car charger)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2995345

Last edited:

the whole taco

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site

"Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order. "

Thanks,
don't appear to deliver outside of UK?

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I know battery technology has improved. But from what they envisioned years and years ago about devices that would last days, weeks and in some cases months... We're really a long ways away. So instead of investing in that technology, they're investing in technologies that give us the same battery life, but can be charged in a fraction of the time.

I hope that this is just a patch and not a solution. We've improved a lot in battery tech, but ... it could be a lot better! :)

I like quickcharge, but I don't really mind using it. I'm always near a charger if I ever need it. I have my DT-903 which keeps it topped off through the middle of the day.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The "problem" is also that the improvements made in battery are use to add higher ppi displays, more power full SoC and reduce the thickness of the battery ( = thickness of the phone) and the phone has to be light.
So all of the things we want in the phone "costs" battery.
I am sure that a phone with a 300 ppi display, ? 15 mm thick and 250 gr would have a battery live of several days or even a week or two.

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
i don't think that feature is available since it need to have some sort of chip inside the board that our phone do not has...

It is in 930/1520 and came with Cyan update. Of course what you mean by "our phone" I have no way of knowing so you may well not have it on your phone but I do on my 930 and used it yesterday with a compatible in car charger and its great! 😊

nleiilly

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Did you notice the Quick Charge made much difference?

I ordered the Motorola Turbo charger 'ASM15WCHGR-EU3A' did some quick tests and I don't see any difference compared to a standard HIGH amp charger eg; Nvidia Shield 'SPA011AU5W2' with an output of 5.2V=2.1A

Both charge around 1% battery for every minute.. 30%=30mins and 100% charge takes around 2 hours on both chargers

I paid 25 pound and my parents brought it over from the UK to CZ and go back Saturday, unless I'm missing something, I'm probably going to send it back for a refund?

Lumia 930 (Win 8.1 - 8.10.14226.359)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes