How good is battery life on the 930 with real life usage?

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I ask because I'm about to buy a new smartphone and the Lumia 930 is sexy but according to GSMArena I should stay away from it (my last phone was the GS5 and according to the site it has better battery life than it).

I want a phone that can last on all day, really like the 1520 but is hard to get on my country and I don't think I'd get along well with a phablet anyways.

tamanasi

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
For a user with average usage 930 may last a day. But if u into your phone most of the time, it may not even last for 8 hours. The HD display in 930 is a drainer. Watching videos, using WhatsApp for long may hurt your battery life and it may die before evening.

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
For a user with average usage 930 may last a day. But if u into your phone most of the time, it may not even last for 8 hours. The HD display in 930 is a drainer. Watching videos, using WhatsApp for long may hurt your battery life and it may die before evening.

Wow, that's disappointing, really wanted to get it for that screen and camera but for work I absolutely need a phone capable of more on screen time, android is a nightmare when it comes to reliability on apps so I wanted to avoid returning and my wallet feels raped on the Apple ecosystem, I might end up with a 'dumb-phone'. :crying:

wrigduo

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Sony Xperia Z3, amazing battery life, nice camera, android apps....about 430€....930-370€, if you stretch your budget for 50-60€ you can get Z3.... :D

steppyhen

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
My 930 has been off charge for 12 hours. I've been on the web, sent texts, been on the phone, streamed music via Spotify and I have 45% battery remaining. Estimated time left is 9 hours.

* Forgot to add that Bluetooth has been on as well and connected to my Fitbit for around an hour and a half. *

AhmedEzz

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 930 battery lasts in average between 4 to 6 hours max
Got 5 mailboxes configured on it, FB, twitter, and couple of other social apps.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
On a usual day for me, my 930 lasts me a full day or should I say almost a full day depending on how I use it. A regular day for me is about 2.5 hours of videos in one session plus some whatsapping for like 30 minutes or so. Some youtube, facebook, instagram and constant reading of these threads ;-) All of this is done while streaming over WiFi and with data when I'm on the move. At the end of the day, I usually have about 25-40% battery left. Not bad.
I wish the battery life was longer but for me it does just fine. Especially when it is on standby. However, I do turn off all the extra features like Hey Cortana and double tap to wake and my vibration keys are off as well (sounds weird and feels weird at first to disable them but now I find that having them vibrate isn't necessary at all. Shocker to me honestly).
I wish we had a longer battery but to say the truth, I am pleased with this phone. I like it alot.

kanrakuuuu

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Oh well, it's a shame the responses haven't painted the 930 in a good light for you. I'm not saying the people aren't telling the truth, but I don't really know how they're managing to make their battery last only 6 hours. I have everything turned on, Hey Cortana, double tap to wake, location tracking, step counter, all accounts set to sync as items arrive, and use the GPS when I'm out to record walking and running, and have the screen on for easily more than two hours each day (in short, it's a smartphone, and I want to actually use it) and still normally have 20-30% left by the time I'm putting it back on charge as I go to sleep. On idle I lose about 2% an hour.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh well, it's a shame the responses haven't painted the 930 in a good light for you. I'm not saying the people aren't telling the truth, but I don't really know how they're managing to make their battery last only 6 hours. I have everything turned on, Hey Cortana, double tap to wake, location tracking, step counter, all accounts set to sync as items arrive, and use the GPS when I'm out to record walking and running, and have the screen on for easily more than two hours each day (in short, it's a smartphone, and I want to actually use it) and still normally have 20-30% left by the time I'm putting it back on charge as I go to sleep. On idle I lose about 2% an hour.

Yea on forums you tend to hear more negativity.

Also, I saw GSMArena's report a while back, and while battery life wasn't great, I thought it was just mediocre.
Of course, YMMV. There are others that are better, but I think its in the same ballpark as my 920, which isn't bad in itself.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I am a light to moderate user. About 2 hours on screen a day. I have "hey Cortana" enabled and use it at least 3 times a day. Double tap to wake enabled as well as weather updates and email every 4 hours. I am not a gamer. I charge once a day when I go to sleep. It is usually around 20-40% then. More than enough for me, but you just have to be firm in what your expectations are. The size, beautiful screen and snappy response are what I value and the 930 delivers(for me).

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm a user as the lady above at this moment the phone is 18 hours alive and has 35% (about 9 hours) left. No hey Cortana nor double tap though. I come from a Note 3 and was really afraid but in the end, I'm fully satisfied.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm a user as the lady above at this moment the phone is 18 hours alive and has 35% (about 9 hours) left. No hey Cortana nor double tap though. I come from a Note 3 and was really afraid but in the end, I'm fully satisfied.
Just fyi..."hey Cortana" is wonderful and worth every ounce of battery use. That's great that you're enjoying your 930. I am pretty new to the 930(about 6weeks) and have had a very good experience.

Last edited:

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the answers, I think I'll get an xperia Z3, or Z3 compact, pretty unimpressed with pictures taken with it though...

I have the 930 and I am a photographer. If the camera is important to you then get the 930 over the Z3. Much better camera, no discussions here.

Battery life is more than adequate for me. 24 hours of battery life on average with 4G, Wifi, Location services permanently on.

See here for my review of the 930 and its battery life http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/330185-battery-life-running-denim.html

Dhileepudu Jambula

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Dont know about others but my Lumia 930's battery will last for a day easily, with kind of heavy usage(I play 15 to 20 minutes of Gold Miner too) and I can easily say that other 5" high end phones might be the same or might be less...

I would definitely recommend 930 :)

Omar Zak

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
my use of 930 is "some facebook" and whatsapp .. and a couple of hours of phone calls .. my battery can survive my 15-16 hours day.

but if i went to a trip and decided to capture with the camera .. and use the navigation .. i will use one of the chargers i keep in every place i go to.

Bahamen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a 1020, my 930 definitely has a better battery life. I get through 12-15 hours on moderate use with 4 push emails, location on, LTE. It may drain faster if you do a lot of video recording or using rich capture. I've gotten the wireless charger which is totally awesome as my phone is now constantly charged just by leaving it on the table. It kind of takes away the whole thought process of having to charge your battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3