Nokia Lumia 929 myth or real?

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Did he hear of it internally or from blog sites? If the latter, then he's just as reliable as any of us. I personally have given up asking carrier personnel. They are too low-level to be privy to upcoming devices and their release schedules.

If Verizon is denied a high-end 'hero' Lumia for yet another holiday season then somebody at Nokia and Verizon is horrible at their job. The numbers tell you exactly why. AT&T gets 3 in a row and the holiday releases before Verizon (and, more importantly, its customers) get anything. It just doesn't make a lick of business sense ...

You can always spam @nokiausa . I did today on one of their posts about the new 1520. Told them they need to stop giving at&t exclusives because a lot of people on VZW wanted a 1020/1520

soaringthor

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
You can always spam @nokiausa . I did today on one of their posts about the new 1520. Told them they need to stop giving at&t exclusives because a lot of people on VZW wanted a 1020/1520
I tweeted to @evleaks asking if they can clarify this release date.
If we hit mid-November with no word from VZW on the 929, I'll have to buy the 928. The 8X's texting bug is too disrupting and I can't deal with it for much longer!

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I haven't heard much on the 525, but I know VZW has seen the sales numbers on the 52x series and wanted one. Should be in the same price range as the other 520 series phones and will be offered for $0 with contract, month to month, and on prepaid. May also be unlocked globally.

Just a guess, but I'd say the major differentiator will be LTE. Verizon wanted it in all WP devices, so my assumption would be the 525 will be a $150 or less LTE device.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Of course the 929 wasn't announced. It is a VZW exclusive that will be announced later. VZW doesn't usually participate in these big announcement events. They may do their own launch event, though more likely they will release info on them less than two weeks before they are released.

It's the same for the 525, which I've heard is the VZW version of the 520/521. They will drop at around the same time, probably around Thanksgiving. The 929 is the 1520 with a smaller screen and more storage. Verizon will be offering 32GB and may be offering Verizon cloud storage of some kind that will not count against your data plan if accessed.

I think the 822 may be EOLed. Also not sure if the 928 will stay around after they clear out inventory. It may be just the 525 and 929, though I'm not clear on the 822 being ended as VZW wants a low end, a midrange, and high end. The 822 has a flash whereas the 525 doesn't, as far as I know.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Of course the 929 wasn't announced. It is a VZW exclusive that will be announced later. VZW doesn't usually participate in these big announcement events. They may do their own launch event, though more likely they will release info on them less than two weeks before they are released.

It's the same for the 525, which I've heard is the VZW version of the 520/521. They will drop at around the same time, probably around Thanksgiving. The 929 is the 1520 with a smaller screen and more storage. Verizon will be offering 32GB and may be offering Verizon cloud storage of some kind that will not count against your data plan if accessed.

I think the 822 may be EOLed. Also not sure if the 928 will stay around after they clear out inventory. It may be just the 525 and 929, though I'm not clear on the 822 being ended as VZW wants a low end, a midrange, and high end. The 822 has a flash whereas the 525 doesn't, as far as I know.

Thank you, MacPhisto! It's great to actually hear something about this device. I'm ecstatic. A top end device in a convenient size AND the 525? That's a huge win for Verizon.

trainplane

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm not planning to get a phone until Dec 2014 when my lease is up, but I really want Nokia to release this phone this year. If the Windows Phone environment is to continue to grow, they must keep up the pace of Android. They need a flagship phone for 2013. And the 1520 isn't it. It's a niche phone at 6". They need a 5" or less phone that can replace the 920/922/928. And hopefully lose some of it's weight. Hope to really see the 929 and its variants for AT&T and other carriers soon.

sundevil1982

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad this thread exists since I cannot find any updates on the 929 on twitter or anywhere else for that matter. I tried getting nokia to spill the beans on twitter but they didn't bite. I told them I was sitting in an apple store and wanted an answer so I know whether to buy a 5s or not. All they replied was "we have no new announcements at this time". Bummer.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad this thread exists since I cannot find any updates on the 929 on twitter or anywhere else for that matter. I tried getting nokia to spill the beans on twitter but they didn't bite. I told them I was sitting in an apple store and wanted an answer so I know whether to buy a 5s or not. All they replied was "we have no new announcements at this time". Bummer.

We're all doing the same. Keep asking and keep an eye out!

falorin

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I got my hands on a 929 from verizon pureview 20 mp camera (very nice pictures) and it takes nano sim like the iphone 5. Going to upload some pictures soon.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I tweeted to @evleaks asking if they can clarify this release date.
If we hit mid-November with no word from VZW on the 929, I'll have to buy the 928. The 8X's texting bug is too disrupting and I can't deal with it for much longer!

Don't do it, I have a 928 and it has some bugs as well. Plus, I'm testing out T-Mobile for work and got a 925 and its a much, much better phone. Hard to pick up my 928 now (so using a 5s in its place)

vgajicic

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi People I just joined forum, I am IT Person and surrounding with Windows, I have Galaxy S3 now, and my contract is ending in three weeks with Sprint(Hate them). I would like to buy Win8 phone, I went to Verizon store and try 928 its awesome, and month ago I saw first leak image for 929, it will be awesome if this one come out in beginning or middle of November. Falorin do you know anything else about 929, is it coming soon ? . Thanks everyone, this is nice forum and website.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro