02-01-2014 01:31 AM
141 12345 ...
tools
    I'll admit, I jumped the gun (is there a way to edit thread titles?). I was just way too excited! Can you blame me?!
    Hah, yes there is. Go to your original post. Click edit. Then advanced edit. There should be a way to change it from there.
    california86 likes this.
    01-21-2014 09:21 AM
    If that phone is $777 off contract, that would almost be a joke

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    01-21-2014 09:31 AM
    so I went ahead and played the chat card and told them my friend sent me to Verizon because they had a new Nokia phone on there and that I couldn't find it.

Alisha S.: There was a new nokia as of this morning. However it was put up with the wrong pricing. I know they were working on it. So give me a second to see if i can find it.
    2 minute pause
    Alisha S.: Okay as of right now we have taken it off the website. But keep checking because they are trying to fix it as we speak.
    Me: do you know of any possible timeline?
    Alisha S.: As of right now there is not. I apologize. I wish i knew more information.

so we shall see what happens.....
    01-21-2014 09:34 AM
    As of 9:34am Central Time, it still pops up in the Search results on Verizon's site. But when you click on it, it doesn't take you to the Icon, it goes to a page with all of their other phones.
    Maybe the reason they can't pre-announce device availability for Verizon devices is because Verizon doesn't know how to coordinate all of the moving parts (i.e., a webpage) required for a launch? No, iPhones at Verizon seem to do just fine with pre-announced dates. I don't know. What I DO know is that if you were purposely trying to concoct the worst device launch possible, this would be a good start to the proceedings. You'd also price it out of the market, $300 on contract instead of $200. Then you'd follow it up with snags in the Order process, with Shipping Delays being the cherry on top. Prove me wrong, please, Verizon!
    01-21-2014 09:40 AM
    I'll wait for it to be available from Microsoft retail stores. They have a much better return policy with no restocking fees and device protection plan that covers accidental breakage.
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-21-2014 09:53 AM
    The device may have been on the website this morning, but it isn't anywhere on our systems.
    01-21-2014 10:02 AM
    If even though they may have taken it down, that's the best sign we've seen as of yet that this device should be here very soon.
    01-21-2014 10:28 AM
    The device may have been on the website this morning, but it isn't anywhere on our systems.
    Ima start calling you "Bertongbadnews"
    bertongbadtrip likes this.
    01-21-2014 10:29 AM
    Maybe all of these leaks are an indiscriminate marketing ploy. Think about it! The Verizon Test site normally requires a password, and millions of people know about this device yet it hasn't been released.
    01-21-2014 10:34 AM
    Ima start calling you "Bertongbadnews"
    Yea I know... I wish I had good news to share... our store has NOTHING and infomanager/equipment guide has nothing at all.
    01-21-2014 10:44 AM
    Do my eyes deceive me?!

Set Your Location

edit*: Although it's currently showing $777 for the price and it's missing pictures, so I think it's still in the process of being added to the site!

edit***: Ok, they've pulled it off the website and called it an "error". Why must they play games with my heart?!
    This same thing happened last week on verizon's test site. I am sure it won't be much longer until it is released.
    01-21-2014 10:52 AM
    Maybe all of these leaks are an indiscriminate marketing ploy. Think about it! The Verizon Test site normally requires a password, and millions of people know about this device yet it hasn't been released.
    You are making the mistake of assuming that Verizon has a marketing department that has more than two brain cells dedicated to marketing Windows Phone. They do not. Everything that's leaked out on their site has been in error because if vzw marketing had been functional we would have seen nothing except more droid ads.
    IdemanEric likes this.
    01-21-2014 11:55 AM
    Just did a chat asking about 'a new Windows Phone that I read about'. The rep denied the existance of any new Windows devices, in what almost seemed like a prewritten response. So it looks like they they got a memo out to the service reps to resume pretending it doesn't exist.
    01-21-2014 12:20 PM
    I played the chat game myself, my rep told me:

Rhiannon: I do see that last night we had a site glitch stating that it was available but out of stock. However, we do not offer this device yet, as it is not even available in the US yet.

Seems they got a script for their reps to use.
    01-21-2014 12:27 PM
    so, I noticed yesterday they raised the full purchase price of the 928 to $499 and today it's back to $399 so I hope this is a sign they are playing around with the site in anticipation of releasing the phone soon.

It would be great if someone who is "in-the-knowDR" from this site could sprinkle some potential information for everyone waiting....
    01-21-2014 12:37 PM
    When did the 928 drop to $399 off contract on Verizon's website?
    01-21-2014 09:59 PM
    Maybe the reason they can't pre-announce device availability for Verizon devices is because Verizon doesn't know how to coordinate all of the moving parts (i.e., a webpage) required for a launch?
    This brings up a thought: does Verizon have the healthcare.gov webmasters working on their website?
    01-21-2014 10:22 PM
    When did the 928 drop to $399 off contract on Verizon's website?
    its 399 off contract at present
    01-21-2014 10:30 PM
    This brings up a thought: does Verizon have the healthcare.gov webmasters working on their website?
    Verizon is the webmaster for healthcare.gov
    01-21-2014 10:32 PM
    its 399 off contract at present
    Well duh :) I asked how long has it been $399.
    01-21-2014 10:44 PM
    Verizon is the webmaster for healthcare.gov
    Case closed!
    01-22-2014 07:12 AM
    It doesn't even show up in the search anymore. Back to square one.....
    01-22-2014 07:48 AM
    I read a post on another thread that was written by a Verizon store employee that just received marketing materials for a Lumia Icon roll out for Feb 6.

I'm inclined to think that unless he was drunk or just messing with us , that may be the date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-22-2014 07:54 AM
    Feb 6th, being a Thursday, makes sense.

IMO ... Verizon is trying to cut a better deal with Nokia's potential new owner, Microsoft. That merger has not happened yet, and that is what has delayed this phone for months. Since it is branded Verizon, they need to sell these before the new Nokia's are announced at MWC, which is at the end of February. This would also explain the lack of promotion on the 929. ... Verizon does not want to spend a lot on PR, to have customers mad, the phone they just bought, is 'last years' model. Your average customer will not know ... and techies will know to wait until MWC before buying.
    (I have waited months for the 929. What is another couple weeks? If nothing is announced at MWC [which I doubt] ... I will buy a 929 Off-Contract from the MS store)
    01-22-2014 08:25 AM
    I read a post on another thread that was written by a Verizon store employee that just received marketing materials for a Lumia Icon roll out for Feb 6.

I'm inclined to think that unless he was drunk or just messing with us , that may be the date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At this point, i'll believe it when i see it. I asked him to post a picture or something of the material so we can see it but until I actually see something I won't believe it.
    IdemanEric and bertongbadtrip like this.
    01-22-2014 09:12 AM
141 12345 ...