02-10-2014 06:44 AM
109 12345
tools
    I get a new phone once every two years....when my contract expires. I'm on "month to month" right now (beyond 2 years) just waiting for the Damn Icon to show up.

But....that being said, I'm a bit of a hobby freak and blow money on (generally speaking) useless crap that I find fun. The latest being collecting pinball machines.
    I want the ST:TNG pinball so bad. Its really the only pinball that ever was a compulsive play for me. Medieval Madness would be second place in my mind, although its a distant second.
    Astropin likes this.
    02-05-2014 06:00 PM
    I want the ST:TNG pinball so bad. Its really the only pinball that ever was a compulsive play for me. Medieval Madness would be second place in my mind, although its a distant second.

I have a STTNG Pinball Machine! It is my all time favorite pin. MM is great.....but way over priced/hyped. I used to have a Lord of the Rings (LOTR). Also a great pin but personally I like STTNG better.

Here is a pic of my ST:

dsc00175-517x775-.jpg

As you can see it's sitting next to my "Getaway" (AKA - HS2) and World Cup Soccer 94 (WCS94).

The STTNG has a color display upgrade. I also added lasers to the cannons and custom painted the Borg ship.....along with a few other mods.

Sorry for the OT posting.
    David Fleetwood and dkediger like this.
    02-05-2014 07:00 PM
    I thiiiink this thread needs to be closed. Obviously this isn't happening today
    A895 and Zippier like this.
    02-05-2014 07:01 PM
    Lol. Nice. I need to replace my phone in a month. Time is running out.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    Why is time running out. Does your phone cease to function in a month?
    A895 likes this.
    02-05-2014 07:04 PM
    Spoke to a rep over the phone who had no clue about when it was coming...
    He did Know about the phone just not when it was being released.
    My Opinion is that it will be Annouced at MWC then released on March 5th just like the @Evleaks suggested
    Yea... He also suggested Feb 5th. Basically none of the "leaks" have been worth much. The most accurate leaker seems to be the webmaster at Verizon who has no clue what he is doing... But at least put something real up.

How hard is it to predict two dates in two separate months. I don't even do it for a living and I can tell you within two months of when the GS5 or LG G3 or HTC 1.2 will be out. Plus Daniel Rubino said it would be out before MWC and many leaks have specifically stated that the Icon will not be part of Nokia/Microsoft's presentation. Big mess of nothing but silence and pathetic marketing.

Sorry for the OT posting.
    Who cares if its OT, that's a great pic. You have my admiration and a bit of envy. ;)
    Astropin likes this.
    I'm just teasing you. I just find it odd that you even bring it up. Some people spend more on certain things that they value more than others. Others live frugally no matter what. Who cares?
    I gave an opinion before (post #44) and someone didn't like it and now we are here. I can see some hobbies and everything but, with tech because it devalues so quickly, that its nonsensical (first time ever using that word) to constantly blow money on it because you will be hard pressed to make back the same amount of money you spend on it. But anyways it`s their money and not mine, and from a tech point for me, I want a windows phone dammit and then I`ll be good until next year sometime.
    02-05-2014 07:18 PM
    I was just speaking with someone in corporate being I filed a complaint about lack of info on the phone. Take this with a grain of salt, she that the delay of the device isn't Verizon doing and it's Nokia. She told me that Nokia provides the dates to Verizon and then they make the announcement.
    This may be confirmation bias on my part, but that sure does lead credence to my regrettable prediction earlier last month that AT&T had a 3 month exclusivity window starting with the release of the 1520 for any device in that 'family'. If Nokia is providing the holdup, that sure would make it seem the case, wouldn't it?
    02-05-2014 07:42 PM
    Why is time running out. Does your phone cease to function in a month?
    I have a month to return the note 3 I have for another phone. If it is not released by then, I am stuck. Hate to go through buy and sell to get it.

02-05-2014 08:58 PM
    I opened the package!

A few hours ago I made it back from the business! The workers there were very tired as it was the end of the day, but one wished me a good evening as I left. Here is how it went. First of all the package was pretty well locked down, so I had to use my key to open the seal. After I opened the main compartment, there was something blocking the interior from my full view. It wasn't of any significance so I just moved it to the side. Once opened, inside it was jet black without power, as expected. Turning on the power was just a matter of finding the power on the side. When I say this baby lit up with power, it is an understatement! The light from the power up permeated the vicinity! The glass offered near perfect reflection! Looking around, I can see that nothing was out of place. The sight gave me a sense of serene peace. Thats all for now, let me settle in with it.

disclaimer: this is a true story dramatized when I left my work for my package (home) on a non specific day
    02-05-2014 09:23 PM
    I have a month to return the note 3 I have for another phone. If it is not released by then, I am stuck. Hate to go through buy and sell to get it.

Do you have Verizon now? Do you have a backup VZW phone?

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    02-05-2014 09:23 PM
    I opened the package!

A few hours ago I made it back from the business! The workers there were very tired as it was the end of the day, but one wished me a good evening as I left. Here is how it went. First of all the package was pretty well locked down, so I had to use my key to open the seal. After I opened the main compartment, there was something blocking the interior from my full view. It wasn't of any significance so I just moved it to the side. Once opened, inside it was jet black without power, as expected. Turning on the power was just a matter of finding the power on the side. When I say this baby lit up with power, it is an understatement! The light from the power up permeated the vicinity! The glass offered near perfect reflection! Looking around, I can see that nothing was out of place. The sight gave me a sense of serene peace. Thats all for now, let me settle in with it.

disclaimer: this is a true story dramatized when I left my work for my package (home) on a non specific day
    You got an icon..?
    02-05-2014 09:57 PM
    You got an icon..?
    You need to put an emoticon with that like so we know (that you know) his post was a joke.
    02-05-2014 10:02 PM
    You need to put an emoticon with that like so we know (that you know) his post was a joke.
    lmao
    02-05-2014 10:21 PM
    This may be confirmation bias on my part, but that sure does lead credence to my regrettable prediction earlier last month that AT&T had a 3 month exclusivity window starting with the release of the 1520 for any device in that 'family'. If Nokia is providing the holdup, that sure would make it seem the case, wouldn't it?
    Correlation does not equal causation. They are two different phones. It's not the same as the 920 exclusivity thing.
    02-06-2014 12:48 AM
    Correlation does not equal causation. They are two different phones. It's not the same as the 920 exclusivity thing.
    I agree that it's not the same, but the Icon can conceivably be viewed as a variant of the 1520 just as the 928 and 925 were variants of the 920.

I'm trying to look for logical reasons as to why this device hasn't been released. Verizon-hating just feels irrational at this point. They are not like this with other devices. The 822, 8X and ATIV S didn't see anything like this, only the two high end Nokia devices. Logic would tell us that there is something more going on here.
    02-06-2014 02:10 AM
    I agree that it's not the same, but the Icon can conceivably be viewed as a variant of the 1520 just as the 928 and 925 were variants of the 920.

I'm trying to look for logical reasons as to why this device hasn't been released. Verizon-hating just feels irrational at this point. They are not like this with other devices. The 822, 8X and ATIV S didn't see anything like this, only the two high end Nokia devices. Logic would tell us that there is something more going on here.
    The HTC Trophy was like this. I waited forever for it to be released. The 928, 925, and 920 are all the same size phone, so it's reasonable to call them variants.

Edit: It was also pretty well known that AT&T had a 6 month exclusivity deal on the 920. Deciding that they suddenly went to a 3 month deal for the 1520 and that the 929 is a variant of the 1520 is a big stretch, especially since there have been no reports of either.
    Last edited by 332; 02-06-2014 at 03:07 AM.
    02-06-2014 02:50 AM
    Why do so many people have multiple cell phones?

Isn't that redundant.....and needlessly expensive?

What am I missing?

One for the money, and one for the honeys
    A895, maevinj, Astropin and 1 others like this.
    02-06-2014 07:29 AM
    Sorry, I had to get you Verizon 'guys':) Context is everything!

Come on over to the dark side! (AT&T)
    02-06-2014 07:34 AM
    I am a Verizon user and I do not want the ICON something wrong with me maybe
    02-06-2014 07:49 AM
    I am a Verizon user and I do not want the ICON something wrong with me maybe
    If not the icon what then?

02-06-2014 08:41 AM
    I thiiiink this thread needs to be closed. Obviously this isn't happening today
    I agree this thread should be removed
    02-06-2014 09:03 AM
    I don't know why I'm so obsessed with a phone that hasn't even been released nor confirmed. I saw this thread and got my hopes up for nothing. I just hope they don't decide to not release it at all.
    02-06-2014 09:17 AM
    If not the icon what then?

I do not understand your question. If you mean what other phone would I want then the answer is no phone.....
    02-06-2014 09:48 AM
    The Thursdays keep rolling by...tick...tick ...tick...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-06-2014 09:53 AM
109 12345