Upgraded from 928 and impressed

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from the 928 and I'm impressed that while the screen is bigger, the phone is almost the same size. The screen is a HUGE improvement as well. 928 looked like a checkerboard (very, very tiny) and this has no visible pixels at all. I thought 1080p screens were a dumb idea, but they aren't. They are a requirement for sure! It also feels slightly lighter than the 928. Only downside is that the sim card was even smaller and my current one didn't fit so I had to visit a Verizon store to activate.

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
did the same upgrade this afternoon but my jury is still deliberating. screen doesn't look all that different and phone doesn't feel much faster. hoping for some payoff with the camera + AWS LTE, or we may be returning it...

and of course it sucks that Glance and double-tap don't work

Last edited:

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I did the same upgrade last week. I didn't think the screen on the 928 was bad, but it's noticeably clearer on the Icon. While there is a slight increase in speed on the core OS, the real speed can be seen with the apps and games. Love the phone.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded from the 928 last week also & the screen is noticeably clearer(not to say the 928 was bad) it is a little lighter, a bit thinner(although it seems thicker due to the edges being thicker than the 928) Scrolling is a little faster, but app performance is much speedier, camera is better except lowlight shots have to be manually adjusted to get to the same level as the 928. Have gotten asked "what kind of phone I that more in the last week with the Icon than did in a year with the 928. Miss Glance & double tap but I'm sure Nokia will get the issue resolved wit the 1080p AMOLED screen soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes