Was going to complain about battery life until

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I realized I've only seen my pin unlock screen about 4 times today with it set to lock after 15 minutes. I should probably learn to put my phone down a little bit before I compare it to my iPhone's battery life. ;)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Wow! You've certainly used it a lot. Hopefully you'll get good battery life and have a better idea of the battery life once your usage is more typical.

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I spent a lot of time downloading and trying apps to replace some of the ones I used on my iPhone. Now that I've done that, my usage should stabilize today.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Lol. When I first got the icon I couldn't put it down, but now I'm over the honeymoon its definitely stabilized. I still carry the Nokia portable charger. Fing love that thing. Fits in the pocket without being a burden. Takes a while to charge, but I knew that when buying it.

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
There is a battery guide somewhere in here that worked awesome for me, my phone last for at least a day or so between charges with light to moderate use.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
i do not complain about the battery of my 720. i simply cannot.
i am a professional, and had a busy day working out. i didn't used the net whole day, nor wi-fi. no book reading, no songs. only phone at basics, i.e. calling.
check out the screenshots.

check the battery depletion after the usage time.

wp_ss_20140305_0001.pngwp_ss_20140306_0001.png

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I realized I've only seen my pin unlock screen about 4 times today with it set to lock after 15 minutes. I should probably learn to put my phone down a little bit before I compare it to my iPhone's battery life. ;)

Yeah... I use my phone a lot too... I was below 50% by 9:30 this morning...

Garrymp

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I was pretty surprised when I got my Icon and was mauling the phone all day......setting up, downloading apps, deleting apps, trying more apps, arraigning the home screen...all that stuff in between phone calls and email and browsing...it didn't kill the battery. Now, with what I consider moderate use, I am going to bed with at least a 40% charge left. I could probably make it two work days on one fill-up. Not used to that. My Droid would often need a charge by dinner or it would go into a coma. I am damn happy with the performance of this phone.

msdugn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget to condition your battery by burning it down to 0% (or at least where it shuts itself down), then performing a full charge to 100%. I did this three times (likely overkill) the 4th, 5th and 6th day I had the Icon and it made a HUGE difference.

Instead of being at 25% or less by end of day, I'd be at 50%. Much better help than the ridiculous lists to turn off features I want to have enabled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon