The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-20-2014 10:33 AM
65 123
tools
    Wow, Redmond is Microsoft's back yard. It's possible people are harsher there because of Microsoft's presence, but that's pretty wild.

My experience was horrible, but not because of employee knowledge. He was helpful, and admitted to knowing nothing about the phone, so he focused on making sure I was happy with the purchase and getting everything squared away properly. The manager on staff knew about it, and wouldn't stop talking about how great the camera was. I had to call VZW as a result of the issues I had in the store, and one of the reps I spoke to was very helpful, and genuinely excited about the Icon.
    True Redmond is Microsoft's backyard, but this is Sprint we're talking about, that doesn't really support the WP OS. I actually see a lot of Lumias out here.
    03-14-2014 12:41 PM
    I took two Droids back to Verizon to "trade them in". When the sales rep asked me what I wanted to upgrade to I informed him that I had got my Icon the day before at a Microsoft store and to please apply my credit for the phones to my bill. The guy was visibly aggravated but then I got to tell him and a regional manager about how a month earlier some dope in their own store started running his mouth to me about how windows phone sucks. He didn't realize that I knew more about it than he did. I told them it put me off from making my purchase there...plus a free charger. I bent their ears a little while and when I left I think they understood their problem.
    03-14-2014 10:43 PM
    I don't understand how Windows Phone has the highest customer satisfactory and somehow has an 80% return rate according to these sales reps. I'm calling BS on their part.
    neo158 likes this.
    03-15-2014 12:46 AM
    One of the reps at the local Verizon store here actually has a Icon. Problem is that she knows nothing about it, and the only reason she has one is because every 90 days or so, they get a new phone.
    03-15-2014 06:26 PM
    I went to the Verizon Corporate store on south 45th in Fargo ND on Friday, March 14th, my upgrade date. I wanted a white Icon but none of the Fargo stores had one in stock In fact only 2 of the stores in town had an ICON, the other 3 stores had paper models of a black 928. I got greeted at the door and my name taken down. The greeter asked what the reason was for my visit and I told him to upgrade my phone. He suggested that I look around at the phones while I waited. After about 20 minutes a sales person called my name and then again asked for the reason for being in the store that day. I told him it was my upgrade date I and wanted to pick up a Nokia Lumia Icon. He asked for my phone # and name and said it looks like your eligible for an upgrade tomorrow on March 14th. I said today is March 14th, He said no it's the 13th. I asked if he needed to recalibrate the Ipad Mini that he was using as a sales device to get it to show the correct date. He said no. I suggested that he check the date on his iphone. Hey guess what, it really is the 14th and I’m due an upgrade today. He stated off on his Droid and Edge sales pitches. I told him I knew what phone I wanted and that I wasn't interested in any other phone or the Edge program. He asked what kind of phone I was currently using. I pulled out and HTC trophy (spouse's) and my Nokia Lumia 928. He said so you like Windows phone, I've never used one, what do you like about windows. I explained how the organization of the screen and the ability to have large tiles was ideal for my spouse with Alzheimer's and that large photo tiles with picture of family and friends made it easier to use the phone. I said that I thought that trying to use iOS or Android would be a nightmare. The situation went downhill from there. When he went to the stock room to get the phone he came back with the phone and some boxes and started to try to sell me $120 bundle that included a screen protector, a car charger and an Otter Box case. I told him that it would make better sense to try to sell me a wireless Nokia charging plate or a Fatboy pillow instead. He didn't know that both the 928 and Icon can use wireless charging. He put the sim in the Icon got it turned on, but could figure out how to get off the ICON lock screen. At that time I asked if there was someone else I could work with. He said no so I asked for the manager. The manager told me I was being rude. I told the manger that I was having a bad shopping experience and that if he couldn't get someone else with better product knowledge to assist me that I would just go order online and wait for the phone to arrive by mail. The manager agreed to help and the rest went smoothly of getting the 928 moved off my line and on to the spouse's line to replace the Trophy. I even had an intelligent conversation with the manger about the glance screen situation.
    Last edited by NDCowpoke; 03-16-2014 at 10:57 PM. Reason: corrected punuaction
    mpt15 likes this.
    03-16-2014 10:47 PM
    I don't understand how Windows Phone has the highest customer satisfactory and somehow has an 80% return rate according to these sales reps. I'm calling BS on their part.
    95% of all statistics are made up on the fly. Lol. I would like to see his data.
    03-16-2014 11:22 PM
    I went to Verizon today to pick up a new Icon for my upgrade. They had both the white and black on display. When asked if I needed help I told the sales person I would like to upgrade to a white Icon. He asked why and tried to sell me a Droid ultimate! I politely told him no, but please bring out a white Icon so i can upgrade and leave. They had none in stock, black or white! I asked why and he explained they got one shipment and haven't put in for a 2nd. So now have to wait 3 days for my phone! Not happy, i was really excited for it.
    03-19-2014 04:25 PM
    they have free next day shipping online.
    03-19-2014 04:26 PM
    The problem is the high return rate on windows phone on any carrier, the reps just want to get their commissions on time. It is what it is, the WP8 fever worns out very quickly for most people including me. I do get a WP8 phone every 2 months or so, just to see how its going and after 15 to 20 days I end up returning or selling it, most users get to a point where one of the ' essential' apps they use is not on windows phone or the current iteration is not up par with iOS or Android and that when it hits them. So I don't blame the rep. he just know that 7 out of 10 customers will return the device.
    03-19-2014 04:50 PM
    lol what? why on every poll does it have the highest customer satisfaction rating?

idk what essential apps are missing either... i only see like 4-5 apps as essential. Messager, E-mail, F-book, some kind of music player.
    03-19-2014 05:32 PM
    The problem is the high return rate on windows phone on any carrier, the reps just want to get their commissions on time. It is what it is, the WP8 fever worns out very quickly for most people including me. I do get a WP8 phone every 2 months or so, just to see how its going and after 15 to 20 days I end up returning or selling it, most users get to a point where one of the ' essential' apps they use is not on windows phone or the current iteration is not up par with iOS or Android and that when it hits them. So I don't blame the rep. he just know that 7 out of 10 customers will return the device.
    Actually I will blame the reps. Why?

They should be giving the customer a choice, not pushing them to buy the device that they want them to buy or the one that makes them the most commission. They should also know the basics of operating the devices they sell. If a customer comes into the store and asks for a Lumia Icon then that's what they should be given, not a list of reasons not to buy it instead.
    03-19-2014 08:19 PM
    Again, where does this high return rate bull**** come from? WP has a very high customer satisfaction rating. You mean everyone that returned the phone didn't write a single review? Calling BS on that one.

If they are having high return rate (which I doubt they really are) its because the reps aren't doing their job as a sales person. Their job is to learn about the customer and guide them to the product that best fits their needs. Not doing so is what leads to returns.
    neo158 likes this.
    03-19-2014 08:42 PM
    Honestly, they should make it more difficult to return phones. People who try it for a few days and return it "just because" hurt the environment for everyone else!
    03-20-2014 08:05 AM
    I actually had a great experience buying windows phone from a rep at Verizon. Well educated young man. Got me in and out.
    03-20-2014 10:26 AM
    I went to the Verizon Corporate store on south 45th in Fargo ND on Friday, March 14th, my upgrade date. I wanted a white Icon but none of the Fargo stores had one in stock In fact only 2 of the stores in town had an ICON, the other 3 stores had paper models of a black 928. I got greeted at the door and my name taken down. The greeter asked what the reason was for my visit and I told him to upgrade my phone. He suggested that I look around at the phones while I waited. After about 20 minutes a sales person called my name and then again asked for the reason for being in the store that day. I told him it was my upgrade date I and wanted to pick up a Nokia Lumia Icon. He asked for my phone # and name and said it looks like your eligible for an upgrade tomorrow on March 14th. I said today is March 14th, He said no it's the 13th. I asked if he needed to recalibrate the Ipad Mini that he was using as a sales device to get it to show the correct date. He said no. I suggested that he check the date on his iphone. Hey guess what, it really is the 14th and I’m due an upgrade today. He stated off on his Droid and Edge sales pitches. I told him I knew what phone I wanted and that I wasn't interested in any other phone or the Edge program. He asked what kind of phone I was currently using. I pulled out and HTC trophy (spouse's) and my Nokia Lumia 928. He said so you like Windows phone, I've never used one, what do you like about windows. I explained how the organization of the screen and the ability to have large tiles was ideal for my spouse with Alzheimer's and that large photo tiles with picture of family and friends made it easier to use the phone. I said that I thought that trying to use iOS or Android would be a nightmare. The situation went downhill from there. When he went to the stock room to get the phone he came back with the phone and some boxes and started to try to sell me $120 bundle that included a screen protector, a car charger and an Otter Box case. I told him that it would make better sense to try to sell me a wireless Nokia charging plate or a Fatboy pillow instead. He didn't know that both the 928 and Icon can use wireless charging. He put the sim in the Icon got it turned on, but could figure out how to get off the ICON lock screen. At that time I asked if there was someone else I could work with. He said no so I asked for the manager. The manager told me I was being rude. I told the manger that I was having a bad shopping experience and that if he couldn't get someone else with better product knowledge to assist me that I would just go order online and wait for the phone to arrive by mail. The manager agreed to help and the rest went smoothly of getting the 928 moved off my line and on to the spouse's line to replace the Trophy. I even had an intelligent conversation with the manger about the glance screen situation.
    You sir, are way too cocky. Can't help but laugh.
    03-20-2014 10:33 AM
65 123