Vibration really quiet with Lumia Icon

MNDRX

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I've now had the Icon for about 18 days and I find that it is a wonderful device. Little issues pop up now and then.The white matte porcelain will pickup marks that just wipe away. The Thin coating on the front does not seem to like anything abrasive to run across it, microscratches in the coating are visible. Annoying and aesthetic as these concerns are, they do not have an effect on daily use. Vibrate-Only mode is *key* to my daytime workflow, I absolutely depend on being able to hear and/or feel the notification when the speaker is out. My observations show that the Icon has an unusually quiet and light vibrate notification. The Icon's touch is so lite that I, being of good eyesight, hearing and alertness can frequently miss E-Mail or chat notifications in my pocket and phone calls when placed on the table near my elbow. Without glance or a status light, you have to reopen to find out what you missed (if you can). I just checked my last 6-7 phones (Nokia 928, HTC Trophy, Samsung Focus, HTC Touch Pro 2, IPhone 3G, iPhone, Samsung SCH-i760...) and did not have this issue on any of them. So, does your phone feel like this too, or am I an outlier on this one? If so, would VZW exchange for a NEW Icon/White since I am within 30 days.

Thanks,
MNDRX

alberp

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I agree. The vibration is too wimpy. I don't hear the usual noises when a text arrives like I did on my HTC Trophy. I don't feel it vibrating in my pocket either....

I'm resorting to having sound alerts turned on so I don't miss anything.

Overall, I still love the phone.

Slater_GS

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. Too light. I can live with it for what I do, but I can see how this could be a problem for many.
My Trophy, 822, and 928 did not have a problem.

DatabaseMX

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Agree. Vibration is VERY weak and duration is too short. Hoping 8.1 fixes this issue. Consequently, I'm missing 98.12458% of all notifications, especially text and voice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon