What do you use for battery notifications on the Icon?

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm currently on an 8X and am debating moving to the Icon. However, I was wondering what y'all use for battery notifications. I'm specifically talking about charging, but I am still interested in anything related, since the selection of battery apps have always overwhelmed me. You see, on the 8X (and the Trophy and Imagio), there are LED lights that let you know if the phone is charging and if/when it is fully charged. Orange for charging, green for fully charged. I really miss how on my Imagio, it would do all sorts of blinking for various notifications, but I guess I've slowly been weaning myself off, haha.

I know the Nokia apps and better specs are going to make the trade-off worth it, but I would still like to know if there are any good options.

Thanks!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't have icon , use Lumia 920 with glance feature which icon does not have :(
glance gives me a quick hint at how much battery is left via various battery apps like insider. you can use insider to give you notifications when battery is fully charged , or running low.

8XSD

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
From an 8X to an Icon is night and day different. Imo its like trading in a Honda civic to a high end BMW. I don't use any batts app because well, I don't have any battery problems. I go a full day if heavy use and just charge it when I sleep. I only have Bing weather in background and two active email account running.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
From an 8X to an Icon is night and day different. Imo its like trading in a Honda civic to a high end BMW. I don't use any batts app because well, I don't have any battery problems. I go a full day if heavy use and just charge it when I sleep. I only have Bing weather in background and two active email account running.

How long did your battery last on your 8X? Do you miss anything?

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
When I plug it in it makes a chime sound five seconds later to Indicate its started charging, also lights up briefly. When I click start button the lock screen lights up with the battery icon showing if its done or not. I can touch the settings tile anytime to see how much battery is left. Touch, scroll one page down and its there. Personally I don't see a need for a 3rd party battery tile. I charge overnight anyway, so its a non issue, non problem for me. Coming from android I had everything right in my face seemingly. I much prefer the less intense, less "in your face" os of the WP. More room on the screen for what I need. YMMV of course.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I use an app called Battery Performance. You can place it on the lock screen to either give the battery percentage or get a little more detailed with estimated time remaining.

I'd insert a hyperlink to the app but my employer has the store blocked. ;-)

BurritoButt

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Since the day I got my Icon, I've been using Battery Sense. There's a free version that works just fine. It puts the percentage remaining on my lock screen, which is good enough for me. It's also got a ton of other features.

BTW, Zippier, that's what a private VPN is for! :smile:

8XSD

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
How long did your battery last on your 8X? Do you miss anything?

I miss nothing about my HTC 8X besides the fact it was my frist windows phone. I went from 8X to 928 and now my beloved Icon. Never had any real problems with battery life.All three gave me a full days use just the Icon still have about 30~ left of juice at the end of the day.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Only thing I miss from the 8x is how small it feels in the hand and Beats audio. The Beats audio is incredible compared to everything else!

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I use an app that's simply called Battery, it's made by Enless Soft. I was looking for the simplest battery app so it didn't add to the battery drain. Works great for the most part.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't use a battery app. They just use more battery. I don't really need to be notified of anything. If the battery is running hot, I can very well assume that my activity is draining the battery. I don't need an app to tell me that. I haven't had battery problems so I'm okay just using the regular battery saver setting to check the battery percentage on my phone

I downloaded skinery and set up a tile that links directly to battery saver. It's pretty nice. You can see it at the bottom right of this screenshot.

wp_ss_20140324_0001.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon