8.1 Icon Issues

Gallo991

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had major overheating issues with their Icon since updating to 8.1 Preview? What happens for me is basically, while the phone is on standby with screen off, it will get so hot to the point of it being almost untouchable. When I turn the screen on and unlock it, it says "Loading..." and stays there. Sometimes it finishes and goes back to the Start screen, other times, I have to hard reset. I'm assuming this is what's happening in the background when it turns my phone into a hot lava rock and destroys the battery.

Just wondering if this has been happening to anyone else. *Note, I grabbed the new update yesterday and the same thing is happening. This never happened with 8.0...

imeobong

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I used to get the same thing but it stopped when I deleted all of my email accounts from my phone. try seeing if deleting your email accounts help.

Gallo991

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Ugh, sorry, I was looking for a thread like that but didn't find it (admittedly, I didn't spend all that much time searching, just a quick look). I'm gonna try to do the hard reset and report back under that thread. Thanks!!

Gallo991

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick update - Every issue I had went away after doing a full factory reset without restoring settings (as painful as it was). I do hope, however, that Microsoft has a better go at a smooth upgrade process as a full factory reset just isn't really practical. in any case, I am back to loving my Icon\8.1 again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes