Icon battery life

Dennis LOH

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm toying with the idea of changing to a 930 which is basically the same as the ICON. I just want to find out from all ICON's existing owners if the battery is any good. I have read reviews saying that the battery life is not that good. Now I'm using a 1020 & the battery life is nothing to shout about @ 2,000mAh. ICON has a 20% bigger battery capacity @ 2,430mAh.
Cheers mate!

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I give it a "meh."

You want a windows phone with battery, get the 1520 phablet.

You want the best battery you can get, go for Droid MAXX or maybe non-Verizon LG G2

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
For a normal day of use, I find it perfectly fine. I charge it every night, and sometimes during the night I maybe lose a little more battery than I would like, but I've never been on the brink of my phone dying. I wouldn't say it's the best out there, but works fine compared to other phones out there of the same size and price range.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have 8.1 with the latest update and, after getting past the fast battery drain issues with the initial launch of 8.1, I now get excellent battery life. I have also killed the background processes for any app that I really don't desire to run in the background. I have 4 email accounts syncing, with two of them "As items arrive", one set to poll at the quickest rate, and the other set to poll every hour. I have FB and Twitter. Today I streamed music for about 40 minutes, used the browser for about a half hour, checked a couple of news apps and read some articles, played 3D games for about 20 minutes, and I have Cortana always on and pinned to my homescreen. I get a lot of notifications throughout the day that I have to check, so the display has probably seen about 2 hours of on-time today. After close to 15 hours since last charge, I'm sitting at 71%. See my screenshots to see my usage. You can see the occasional dips in power when I was "heavily" using it.

So, if your expectation is to get through the day with moderate use and have enough juice to get through the night, then this would rate well with you. If I was using my phone more heavily (about 2-3 hours of browsing and reading combined with about an hour of games, an hour of streaming, and and a half hour of reading Twitter), I would probably be around 40-45% right now, which is still quite good. Keep in mind that I have had my phone for about two months, so the battery is fully broken in. I place my phone on the charger when I go to bed every night, as this tends to net me the best results once the battery is broken in.
wp_ss_20140604_0002.pngwp_ss_20140604_0001.png

Slayix312

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I have been using the Icon for close to a week now and I can definitely say that it is significantly worse than on my HTC One M8.

I am here at work, 5 hours in, and my HTC One M8 is sitting at 73% while the Icon is sitting at 61%.

The biggest difference is that I used my M8 for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours and my Nokia for the most part has been idle; with me only using it for a combined 15 minutes or so. Only to check the weather, facebook, etc....

Last edited:

Shane Lockett

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed that the battery drains rather quick sitting idle. I traded my LG G2 last night for an Icon and its showing a 3% battery drop per hour. Granted, the G2 had a 3000 maH battery it had no issues making it through an 8 hour day of phone calls, texts, browsing, and facebook. I'd start at 100% and leave with 93%. The Icon has been pretty idle most of the day and I was down to 87% after about 3 hours. I'm hoping it'll get better over time.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I've had an Icon for a month or more and updated to 8.1 a while ago, with a hard reset and did not restore from backup. I just got a different Icon. I did a full update while it was on 8.0, without restoring backup, including the newest firmware. I then updated to 8.1, did a hard reset, and restored from my 8.1 backup. Today is my first full day and I am amazed at the difference in battery life. At this point in the day, my other Icon would be around 40-50%. My new one, on a new battery, is at 62% and says 22 hours left. The only difference are, the latest 8.0 firmware (1417.0047), AND, I have left all the "power saving" settings at default, except I switched off battery saver. I have not changed any background apps and quite a few are allowed. I also left my 4 email accounts as default (based on my usage), except for my Exchange account, set to As Items Arrive. Otherwise, location, wifi, Ads, NFC are all on by default.

So what does this all mean? Don't really know, but I have read some things by others that if you just leave the settings as default, the battery life is pretty good.

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I started off with pretty good battery life on 8.0 (I had one day where I went three days without a charge), after updating to 8.1 DP (Thats Developer Preview not Donkey Punch) the battery took a dip, but after the most recent (or second) 8.1 update I am now back to about 48 hours between charges with moderate usage and background tasks off for the ones I don't need. I am very curious to see what's in store with Cyan...and another note when I first updated to 8.1 i noticed that IE usage really taxed the battery and since Cortana was always on and using essentially IE my guess is the two updates to 8.1 might have fixed some memory leaking or other issues that has been passed on to Cortana....just a guess but could be.

A.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon