Battery cover removal?

Brandon McLean

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I can't seem to find one. Just a picture of a disassembled 930. I don't need to change the battery or anything. I just want to remove and replace the plate itself for a customization project and I'd like to know how it's done and how difficult it may be.

Last edited:

LCGrzy

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I heard a Verizon rep say that his popped off when he dropped it. So I know it can come off, I just can't tell you how. I don't recommend dropping it because you'll probably ding up the aluminum band :)

loki993

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I heard a Verizon rep say that his popped off when he dropped it. So I know it can come off, I just can't tell you how. I don't recommend dropping it because you'll probably ding up the aluminum band :)

Indeed not the recommended way to remove the battery cover id say lol

Brandon McLean

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes I'll slam my phone on the ground until the back pops off, thanks for the tutorial! Lol

Edit: So I got my Icon and tried removing it but it's harder than I thought. Can't get it off...

Last edited:

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
You might need a suction cup and start in the upper right corner of the back. The 925 separated this way I think this one does too, if it doesn't start to release in the upper right, start in different corner there should be one that gives.

Brandon McLean

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
What tool do you recommend using? I had this plastic thing used for separating phone parts but it's not strong enough to pry this open...i don't want to use a screwdriver because it'll scratch things and bend the aluminum.

Also I heard that the plate on the 925 was somewhat loose in the top right as well, but this Icon seems really solid.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it should just snap in. Use this picture here to determine where the clips are, get the thinnest object you can find to press on those clips.

Lumia-Icon-Teardown-1.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes