06-30-2014 01:14 PM
26 12
tools
    Hi, visited the Verizon Store in Scottsdale, AZ in the Promenade. The first time was a few days before my renewal date. I had already done my research and wanted to look at the phone. He immediately asked why I would want that phone and said that there are so many other better phones to choose from. I just politely told him I am the Director of Information Systems for a Technology company and have a little experience in the field. In fact, I already had a droid and an iphone in my pocket. I went back in yesterday to do my upgrade. Completely different sales person and he again asked why I would want that phone. I told him I use Windows 8 heavily at home and work and I have always liked Nokia hardware. At that point he tried to say the Samsung ATIV is a better Windows phone. I literally argued with the guy for 10 minutes before he went to look for the one (white) I wanted. He came back with it though and they have been mostly sold out of the white ones everywhere. Maybe because they're popular? If I were a national or even regional sales rep for Microsoft or Nokia I would be on the war path over this blatant interference with customer's decision making process. I would even say they are handing out mis-information to bolster Samsung and Apple (Droid/iOS) sales.

EDIT: oh, and this thread got hijacked! it is about Verizon sales reps steering people away from Windows phones.....not to re-hash Verizon dropping unlimited data plans.
    06-30-2014 01:14 PM
26 12