Verizon Story

DatabaseMX

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
"but why was she trying to talk me out of buying this phone?'

Nothing new here folks. Verizon store reps are Microsoft's number ONE problem regarding the sales of the Windows Phone platform. I've heard this story several times and experienced it twice myself at two local VZN stores (corp and non-corp) when attempting to buy the Noika Icon - which I did in spite of the ignorant sales reps.

The 'sales reps' at these those are basically little iMorons that are for the most part, clueless about the products in the store - especially anything Windows Phone.

mmsea

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
One Note works great! Also check out Cozi - you can link with others in your family or group and sync to do lists, shopping, calendars, etc.. Hoping for full functionality on that app soon, the Android and iOS versions have more features.

Nathan ebersole

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I had almost the exact same experience when I bought mine. The guy was doing everything he could to talk me out of getting my Icon. He tried making me buy a Galaxy S3. He said "We hardly ever sell Windows phones" I thought, "well I wonder why?!". He continued to tell me that he has one and hates it and how he doesn't think Windows phones will last more than a year, which is a ridiculous statement. Microsoft wouldn't give up on an idea in just 1 year lol. Anyway, I'm glad I ignored his advice because this is the best phone I have ever owned by far! It blows me away all the time, even in 8.1 Developer with Beta Cortana.

Edit: Get the Nokia Phone registration app, I can't remember what it's called exactly but it shouldn't be hard to find. Download it, register your phone and then you will get $25 for your MS Wallet to spend on games in the store or on your Xbox one store!

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I had almost the exact same experience when I bought mine. The guy was doing everything he could to talk me out of getting my Icon. He tried making me buy a Galaxy S3. He said "We hardly ever sell Windows phones" I thought, "well I wonder why?!". He continued to tell me that he has one and hates it and how he doesn't think Windows phones will last more than a year, which is a ridiculous statement. Microsoft wouldn't give up on an idea in just 1 year lol. Anyway, I'm glad I ignored his advice because this is the best phone I have ever owned by far! It blows me away all the time, even in 8.1 Developer with Beta Cortana.

Edit: Get the Nokia Phone registration app, I can't remember what it's called exactly but it shouldn't be hard to find. Download it, register your phone and then you will get $25 for your MS Wallet to spend on games in the store or on your Xbox one store!

I think you are referring to the app, Gift Voucher.

abausch

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I saw the Gift Voucher offer on the Nokia website. And I didn't know it also worked in the XBox store, so that's for that tip!

mpw85260

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi, visited the Verizon Store in Scottsdale, AZ in the Promenade. The first time was a few days before my renewal date. I had already done my research and wanted to look at the phone. He immediately asked why I would want that phone and said that there are so many other better phones to choose from. I just politely told him I am the Director of Information Systems for a Technology company and have a little experience in the field. In fact, I already had a droid and an iphone in my pocket. I went back in yesterday to do my upgrade. Completely different sales person and he again asked why I would want that phone. I told him I use Windows 8 heavily at home and work and I have always liked Nokia hardware. At that point he tried to say the Samsung ATIV is a better Windows phone. I literally argued with the guy for 10 minutes before he went to look for the one (white) I wanted. He came back with it though and they have been mostly sold out of the white ones everywhere. Maybe because they're popular? If I were a national or even regional sales rep for Microsoft or Nokia I would be on the war path over this blatant interference with customer's decision making process. I would even say they are handing out mis-information to bolster Samsung and Apple (Droid/iOS) sales.

EDIT: oh, and this thread got hijacked! it is about Verizon sales reps steering people away from Windows phones.....not to re-hash Verizon dropping unlimited data plans.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon