Icon is in the mail

NickNick43

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Can't wait to get it. Got an early upgrade from Verizon and couldn't pass up the $0 deal. After having a 928 for a whopping 4 days about a month ago on 8.1 I saw enough to make the switch from the z10.

orangeman34

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
You'll love the phone, have had it almost a week now and it's already my favorite phone I've ever had. Luckily I haven't been having any overheating issues lately. When I first installed 8.1 dp out got pretty hot but that stopped after doing the most recent update. Battery life hadn't been great but it's not a rapid drain that kills the phone in a few hours.

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
i am with ya...I am on my 4th day with the icon upgraded from the 822....I really liked the 822 had zero issues with it thought I was set. but wow this icon is amazing! Perfect size, external speakers are huge improvement. screen and camera are amazing as well not to mention a quadcore with 2 gig of ram!!!! it is an all around perfect phone NOKIA really got it right with this one

BB_Jay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
You'll love it! Made the move from a Z10 about 3 months ago... I'm really loving this phone. The more time I spend with, the less and less I miss my BlackBerry. On top of that, the quality of this phone is simply amazing! I grabs so much attention when I'm out and about (I have a white one... sexy!)

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Color is personal preference, I prefer black. I've had my icon since the day after launch day. Love the phone, the camera is very good for my outdoor shots. I had planned originally to go without a case but the backside was very slippery for me and thought I could drop it way to easy. Got a sand case which is just a minimalistic shell but gives the back a non-slip surface which for me is good. The icon is an awesome phone. I'm sure you'll love it. Congrats.

BB_Jay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Color is personal preference, I prefer black. I've had my icon since the day after launch day. Love the phone, the camera is very good for my outdoor shots. I had planned originally to go without a case but the backside was very slippery for me and thought I could drop it way to easy. Got a sand case which is just a minimalistic shell but gives the back a non-slip surface which for me is good. The icon is an awesome phone. I'm sure you'll love it. Congrats.

I originally went without a case, but after dropping it several times (once screen down on concrete), I quickly got a case. I have to say though, beyond a few nicks on the metal band, it has no other visible scars. Excellent build and quality!

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I got a clear case with a rubberized surround just in case. Luckily I did cause she I went running, did quick sprints, it came flying ouuta my leg band and only scruffed the corner up.

NickNick43

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I got white and I am loving the phone. This camera is pretty amazing. I think it shines the most when reframing an image and NOT losing quality.

It is a beautiful phone as well although it is a bit slick. I probably will get a thin case and maybe a screen cover for that reason.

A fee minor hangups on developer preview but nothing that outweighs the features you gain

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine is laying around on my dresser. I'm always on the road for work and missed the functionality of a few apps I just couldn't do without, and my Icon has been horrible on 8.1 DP. Just don't understand what's taking so long to get Cyan out.

Last edited:

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Mine is laying around on my dresses. I'm always on the road for work and missed the functionality of a few apps I just couldn't do without, and my Icon has been horrible on 8.1 DP. Just don't understand what's taking so long to get Cyan out.

Man, that's no kidding. 8.1 DP was painful on the Icon. The phone is much better on 8.0 so I rolled mine back. Twice. Which is REALLY painful!! But 8.1 has so many good features it's painful to go back. I am sort of out of patience with this update program. Maybe it will end up on the sales board. It's a nice phone and all, but there are lots of nice phones out there to play with.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Man, that's no kidding. 8.1 DP was painful on the Icon. The phone is much better on 8.0 so I rolled mine back. Twice. Which is REALLY painful!! But 8.1 has so many good features it's painful to go back. I am sort of out of patience with this update program. Maybe it will end up on the sales board. It's a nice phone and all, but there are lots of nice phones out there to play with.

Werd!

orangeman34

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I got white and I am loving the phone. This camera is pretty amazing. I think it shines the most when reframing an image and NOT losing quality.

It is a beautiful phone as well although it is a bit slick. I probably will get a thin case and maybe a screen cover for that reason.

A fee minor hangups on developer preview but nothing that outweighs the features you gain
I got the incipio feather case for mine. Nice and thin, doesn't add much bulk to the phone, and makes it easy to grip.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Pretty excited about it. Hopefully I don't have any of the overheating, battery drain, or wifi issues that I've read on here

Just don't install 8.1 till Cyan hits.... These are issues that show up with the DP on some phones....I have the overheating and battery drain on my 8.1...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon