Icon can't send mms

Steel Franklin

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
So my Icon is on vzw with WP8.1 dp

I cannot send mms. It will just say Can't send now: Try Again? Receives mms just fine.

I am feeling like there is something missing here.

On my Cellular+ Sim settings menu there is no option for add MMS APN.

Is this normal? Would someone who has this setup look at their Cellular+Sim settings and tell me if they have the option to Add MMS APN?

Aside from that everything seems normal. SMS sends and receives fine btw.

I have tried multiple hard resets followed by backup restores and start fresh. I would love to revert back using NSRT, but I cannot get that to work. Either it won't update or it says my phone isn't in it's data package or something like that followed by a can't connect right now message.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Mms settings should be under "sim settings" inside of cellular+sim. Don't have Verizon buts that's where all WP mms settings are after 8.1.

Steel Franklin

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

That is why I asked specifically about the menu settings and Icon and vzw and 8.1.

If it is supposed to be there and it's not, then WTF?

Any way to "reload" 8.1dp outside of the NSRT?

Steel Franklin

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Exactly.

I also have a Lumia 928 and that is where the choice is.

Two boxes at the bottom of the page.

One for Edit Internet APN
and a second for
Add MMS APN

On my Icon I don't have the Add MMS option.

al2fast

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I just got my Icon and immediately installed 8.1. I had no issues sending MMS off the bat, the only thing I did right away was under messaging settings and turned the group text on (using MMS). I've sent and received MMS group texts and pictures. Now if I could only get MMS to work on something other than 4G. :( I've only messed with the SIM settings while trying to get data to work on 3G with no luck.

Steel Franklin

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
So problem has been solved.

Short description is that I reverted to WP8 using the Nokia software recovery Tool. After that I reinstalled WP8.1 DP. I did not have to manually add any Internet or MMS APN settings.

As a matter of fact, the add MMS APN was available in WP8, but it is not available in WP8.1 on my phone. This may be sim card dependent so if someone is using the Icon with a sim and network other than Vzw, maybe the option exists. If you have a vzw sim and were outside US, even in Global mode, I can imagine there would be issues with MMS APN, as there wouldn't be any way to add one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon