Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm calling BS on this without screenshots of an Icon with Cyan on it.

I'd assume that the poster is talking about a Lumia 735. There are many tech journalists that have a Lumia 735 on Verizon running Cyan, Daniel Rubino included.

The point is valid. There's currently a device running Cyan on Verizon. And Verizon felt comfortable enough to allow Nokia to release to journalists.

This is not a matter of testing. It's Verizon dragging their feet for other reasons. And ultimately, it negatively impacts wp8 market share and us the consumer.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I had someone send me screenshots of a 929 with a Cyan build, but given they haven't posted them, I can't share. That said, if anyone has any insight into how Nokia/Microsoft generate the URL's for their downloads, I think we could possibly reverse engineer the address.

I currently have it ~50% worked out in an excel

HarrBear

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I had someone send me screenshots of a 929 with a Cyan build, but given they haven't posted them, I can't share. That said, if anyone has any insight into how Nokia/Microsoft generate the URL's for their downloads, I think we could possibly reverse engineer the address.

I currently have it ~50% worked out in an excel

You figure this out and I'll build a statue in your honor.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I'd assume that the poster is talking about a Lumia 735. There are many tech journalists that have a Lumia 735 on Verizon running Cyan, Daniel Rubino included.

The point is valid. There's currently a device running Cyan on Verizon. And Verizon felt comfortable enough to allow Nokia to release to journalists.

This is not a matter of testing. It's Verizon dragging their feet for other reasons. And ultimately, it negatively impacts wp8 market share and us the consumer.

Which device?

SoapBox3000

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
website actually said windows phone 8.1 Ready. I did not see anything with ships with 8.1 on it nor do I see Cortana anywhere in the screen shots on the ICON.Capture.JPG

SoapBox3000

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I do have some news tho regarding Verizon updates for the ICON.
I got off the phone with Verizon reps last night and they said that the Update was cleared from testing on 10/14/14 and usually takes up to 2-3 weeks after it is released from testing to hit OTA. So I think our new, tentative update timeframe is end of October to middle of November. but honestly im taking that with a grain of salt right now.

so in conclusion good news indeed but still nothing from Verizon official regarding this update so don't get your hopes up.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
The video blurb, second tiny image from the top on the left, does show Cortana and does mention 8.1. IIRC, however, the (former) Nokia page for the 928 listed it as having FM Radio capability for quite a while before they corrected it, so those pages certainly aren't totally Gospel.

grafixguy#AC

May 4, 2014
Visit site

The 735 will ship with 8.1 and Cyan or Denim. Right now, Verizon and Microsoft, through their silence are doing more to damage Windows Phone in the US than any of their competitors.

HarrBear

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I do have some news tho regarding Verizon updates for the ICON.
I got off the phone with Verizon reps last night and they said that the Update was cleared from testing on 10/14/14 and usually takes up to 2-3 weeks after it is released from testing to hit OTA. So I think our new, tentative update timeframe is end of October to middle of November. but honestly im taking that with a grain of salt right now.

so in conclusion good news indeed but still nothing from Verizon official regarding this update so don't get your hopes up.

Definitely taking with a grain of salt, but this is good news indeed!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2